Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So I am logging torque...

Lifetime Member

To be quite frank with you. Everyone else and including me and a lot of Professional Tuners have not found this to be a problem. Doesn't really seem to be that big of a problem.

Since you aren't part of the Beta program you don't know what is going on in that aspect of development. I am. that probably ranks pretty low on the TO-DO list.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

This may simply be an OS issue. But it IS an issue...I get to decide that, without your help...even if I don't have the club password.
    Last edited by killerbee; July 11th, 2009 at 04:20 PM.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

I think the problem is that the ecm will use averaged values from adjoining cells, if you are trying to cap TQ you need to cap it in a limit table so it hits a wall.

I won't speak for Ross and Paul, but unless it is limiting something it won't be much of a priority, if it is limiting then they quickly look into it.

Perhaps you need to go about what you are trying to do in a different way ??

www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

It is limiting the integrity of EFILive as it applies to this vehicle. It is limiting the ability of the programmer to predictably change anything related to torque derived fuel.

Really, if the very first table, the one that is an extension of your big toe, the one that governs ALL others... is innaccurate by 30% or more, what could be a higher priority? DSP? That will multiply the problem by 500%.

I guess this was not caught in beta. Then again, beta needs to have testers that are interested in more than just the on-off switch that is the throttle.

It is a significant issue now, and it is posted in the correct forum to be fixed. They have never let me down before, I doubt that will happen now. There are now several reports from others who have this same issue, though were unaware of it before reading about it. Initial indication is that it is OS specific, but I have only tested one LBZ.
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    It is limiting the integrity of EFILive as it applies to this vehicle. No it's not. Like i said everyone and their dog have figured out how to use it, and work around this small issue. EFILive is not an exact science. it's still in development and the best tuning/diagnostic tool on the market, period! It is limiting the ability of the programmer to predictably change anything related to torque derived fuel.

Really, if the very first table, the one that is an extension of your big toe, the one that governs ALL others... is innaccurate by 30% or more, what could be a higher priority? DSP? That will multiply the problem by 500%.

I guess this was not caught in beta. Then again, beta needs to have testers that are interested in more than just the on-off switch that is the throttle. WOW i hope that wasn't a poke at the beta program or me. Because if it was you should probably look into answering more questions that asking. As a supposed "tuner" you are the one who is supposed to be knowledgeable and have all the insight to all of us poor little "user" needs who could never aspire to the all might tuners' powers..

It is a significant issue now, and it is posted in the correct forum to be fixed. They have never let me down before, I doubt that will happen now. There are now several reports from others who have this same issue, though were unaware of it before reading about it. Initial indication is that it is OS specific, but I have only tested one LBZ.
    Just so you know the Beta program is currently working on BB (black box) stuff NOT DSP. So "tuners" like your self might be able to make a little more money with the AutoCal. Also there are like 2 other LBZ beta testers for the BB stuff coming out other than me out of 40 something total. So you're welcome.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

Guys, let's all drop the arrogance here. There's absolutely zero need for it. Killerbee is merely trying to get some help with a problem that he's discovered in his tuning as of recently, and to him it is becoming an issue. Everyone has there method of tuning and there is no right or wrong way in all cases. I agree that it would be a frustrating problem if I were in his position.

My OS# 6128 hasn't had the severity of issues that Michael is having, all I had to do was change the throttle positon PID to log torque accurately. It's hard to build a tune that you can sleep easy on when you can't feel good about the data you're basing it on.

bballer you've been decent and helped me many times with issues but I don't feel the arrogance is warranted especially as a representative of EFI live's BETA program, we "tuners" (who our the number one customers) feel better knowing that even if it's not top priority, it's still being looked at with some concern and being noted.

That is all
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

Thanks. I am now getting a P0606, and VIN mismatch warning. Not sure if it is related. Tune tool VIN reported in the warning is "N/A".

The CEL and 0606 came shortly after an ABS light. That (ABS light) is probably because of the 35" tires on this vehicle.
    Last edited by killerbee; July 12th, 2009 at 06:40 AM.
    Custom Tuning Services

Lifetime Member

Thanks. I am now getting a P0606, and VIN mismatch warning. Not sure if it is related. Tune tool VIN reported in the warning is "N/A".

The CEL and 0606 came shortly after an ABS light. That (ABS light) is probably because of the 35" tires on this vehicle.
    It's been rumored or hypothesized the 35's are about as tall as you can go without having the ABS computer reprogrammed by the stealership.

Oops i mean 6128 in one of my earlier posts.

If you are doing a cal only flash with a tune that has a different VIN; you will get that.

Hmmm. I used the trucks original tune. But now I am starting to wonder what I have here. The "stock" tune has "N/A" as the VIN. I just picked that up now, on investigation.
    Last edited by killerbee; July 12th, 2009 at 09:25 AM.
    Custom Tuning Services

using engtrqref dma. But the logged values are not really matching B1115.

What am I missing?

If I set torque equal to, say 150 ft-lb across the entire 20% throttle row of B1115, then apply 20% throttle, I would expect to see a steady150 in the log. Oddly though, as rpm increases, logged trqref increases also. ??? Then in torque based fuel, fuel increases because of this. So I am perplexed here.

Are engtrqref PID and the values entered in B1115 un-related?
    maybe the method you are using is not what needs to be done to get the results you are looking for.

cap tq based fuel and see what you get.

www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast