Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So I am logging torque...

If that will correct all the values below full throttle as well, I will give it a try. I assumed it would only cap the max. Is that not true?

I appreciate the help.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Hmmm. I used the trucks original tune. But now I am starting to wonder what I have here. The "stock" tune has "N/A" as the VIN. I just picked that up now, on investigation.
    There you go that's the issue with the VIN mismatch. I ran across that once before with one of my own tunes.... dunno how it happened. Just re-enter the VIN and it should work just fine. that's what i did.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

using engtrqref dma. But the logged values are not really matching B1115.

What am I missing?

If I set torque equal to, say 150 ft-lb across the entire 20% throttle row of B1115, then apply 20% throttle, I would expect to see a steady150 in the log. Oddly though, as rpm increases, logged trqref increases also. ??? Then in torque based fuel, fuel increases because of this. So I am perplexed here.

Are engtrqref PID and the values entered in B1115 un-related?
    Have you logged all of the TQ PID's at the same time. there are about 4-5 of them. some in the TCM and some in the ECM. Between the 4 none of them match each other.

I really do think the answer to your problem is in limiting the fuel based on TQ not limiting TQ based on APP.

ALSO, One big thing i just thought of. Are ALL of your logged values and values specified in the tune in the same units? I'm pretty sure the default values while BBL'ing a TQ PID is in Nm, and depending on how you have setup you tune tool for that tune you may have your units in Ft/Lbs?...
    Last edited by bballer182; July 12th, 2009 at 12:25 PM.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

Both B1115 and B1102 show ft-lb as units. Good thought. The log shows ft-lb also.

I have only logged the one tq pid since it is the one referenced in B1102
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available

Lifetime Member

Both B1115 and B1102 show ft-lb as units. Good thought. The log shows ft-lb also.

I have only logged the one tq pid since it is the one referenced in B1102
    OK.. HMMM... Well what about the discrepancy in the GM.TP not displaying correctly and that's linked to the the THROTTLE in all the tables. Maybe it's the same thing and you really need to be logging a different pid?

Some use APP. I use TP_A.

If I understand your suggestion, I should log all throttle pids, and change the cal_link, for each of them, to see if any of them make more sense?

Have you change the linked axis to TP_A?
    Custom Tuning Services

Lifetime Member

If I understand your suggestion, I should log all throttle pids, and change the cal_link, for each of them, to see if any of them make more sense?

Sorry no, i was suggesting that maybe a different TQ pid would work better? Just re-read the post; kinda confusing.

Have you change the linked axis to TP_A?

yeah i have changed my axis to TP_A in the cal_link file.

Some other people use APP. That's just the one that i found first that was dead accurate and have never tried APP.

and i just saw that LMM default sample pid lists APP_D is used...

can't hurt at this point. I will try this. However, it does not look like I have a TP_A option. Several others though.

Using V7.5.5
    Custom Tuning Services

Lifetime Member

For an LBZ?

Are you BBL'ing or using the laptop?

Laptop
    Custom Tuning Services

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast