Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 2008 Chevy Silverado 2500hd ECM?

  1. #1
    Junior Member dietz4ibanez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default 2008 Chevy Silverado 2500hd ECM?

    Looking to upload the right ecm for EFI Live tuning on a 08 Chevy Silverado 2500hd with the 6.0L motor and 6 speed Tranny...

    I think that its:

    Gen IV LS2 E40 ESM.... Is this right?

    Thanks in advance...

    Can someone point me to the newbie intro forum??? I know I know... I hate to have this as my first thread!

    But I will intro myself soon enough!

    Brian

  2. #2
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Does the ECM already have a tune on it? I would make a backup of stock tune first. When you select the controller it shows a picture of the controller. See if it matches the looks of the controller you have. Couple look real close to each other. Then hit the Status to see if it connects. If so then download tune.

    Brian

  3. #3
    Junior Member dietz4ibanez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian1 View Post
    Does the ECM already have a tune on it? I would make a backup of stock tune first. When you select the controller it shows a picture of the controller. See if it matches the looks of the controller you have. Couple look real close to each other. Then hit the Status to see if it connects. If so then download tune.

    Brian
    No there is no tune on the truck currently! I need the correct ecm so that I can upload the stock tune to save it to my laptop...

    So pretty much I could chose one of the ECM's and it will only connect if its the correct one and wont mess anything up? All I am trying to do is save the stock ECM to figure out what changes I want to make to another file of this...

    Thanks for you help!

  4. #4
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    269

    Default

    I am not sure which controller it is but if you open EFILive tune and just select the download from ECM ( the flashscan does not need to be connected ) and go through the list of controllers. It will show and image of each one. Thats about all I know to try.

    Brian

  5. #5
    Lifetime Member Chevy366's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    Someone said it might be a E38 , try that first .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

  6. #6
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    269

    Default

    I was not thinking if you have the tune already for a 2008 then it knows what you have in controller. Just load the tune and do a full flash to the controller. I did some searching and looks like 2007 have the E38 like mentioned. No idea if change in 2008. But as long as tune is for a 2008 then it will tell you what the controller is and you can verify the image it shows to the controller it says is on a 2008 tune when you start the flash process.

    Brian

  7. #7
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,793

    Default

    Its an 08 Silvy, so its a NBS truck. No NBS Silvy used the E40 (never used in the Silvy platform) or LS1 (OBS). Its an E38 for sure in there, unless its a Duramax.

    Read the stock tune out, then save it and copy the saved file to a few locations to be safe. Think Ive got 3 or 4 copies of my stock tune floating around, the next backup of my documents Im throwing all my tune and customer tune files on a DVD.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, starting the mods
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

  8. #8
    Junior Member dietz4ibanez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Its an 08 Silvy, so its a NBS truck. No NBS Silvy used the E40 (never used in the Silvy platform) or LS1 (OBS). Its an E38 for sure in there, unless its a Duramax.

    Read the stock tune out, then save it and copy the saved file to a few locations to be safe. Think Ive got 3 or 4 copies of my stock tune floating around, the next backup of my documents Im throwing all my tune and customer tune files on a DVD.
    Ok... I will try that...

    Yeah I have a couple copy's saved around for my Duramax... I have one on my laptop one on my phone and I e-mailed a copy to a bud that wrote the tune for the Dmax.

  9. #9
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Ok the concensus is it is E38 so since the ECM had no tune and you have a tune for the 2008HD 6.0L Vortec then you should be set. Like I said you can look at the image of the controller during the setup of flashing and look at the one in the truck to compare. But I would say your fine. 2008 HD 6.0L Vortec and a 2008HD 6.0L vortec tune and your set. Let us know how it all goes.

    Brian

  10. #10
    Junior Member dietz4ibanez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian1 View Post
    Ok the concensus is it is E38 so since the ECM had no tune and you have a tune for the 2008HD 6.0L Vortec then you should be set. Like I said you can look at the image of the controller during the setup of flashing and look at the one in the truck to compare. But I would say your fine. 2008 HD 6.0L Vortec and a 2008HD 6.0L vortec tune and your set. Let us know how it all goes.

    Brian
    Ok Will do!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 1999 CHEVY SILVERADO PCM in a TA?
    By ace68 in forum Gen III V8 Specific
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 31st, 2010, 10:51 PM
  2. Late 2007 - Early 2008 Silverado 6.0 SD Tune Question
    By Mike Norris in forum E37, E38 & E67 PFI ECM's
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: March 9th, 2010, 06:57 PM
  3. Adjusting for tire size on an 01 2500hd
    By FTK_Ray in forum General (Petrol, Gas, Ethanol)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 7th, 2009, 03:03 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: August 5th, 2008, 01:35 PM
  5. 08 Silverado 2500HD
    By white2000ta in forum Duramax 06 LLY / 06+ LBZ & LMM
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 4th, 2008, 08:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •