Thread: Basic Tune 4l60e Pressure Tweaks?

Default Basic Tune 4l60e Pressure Tweaks?

I need an idea of what the tuner did trans pressures wise.

I had a tune done and the tuner is MIA.
    My trans is on the borderline of being to harsh in a part throttle 1-2.
    Since the tune I had the trans redone and am in the process of either purchasing EFILive or getting another tuner to go in and pull any pressure mods out.

I would like to hear your opinions or educated guesses on what my tuner did. I think he may have been in the conservative side as the tweaks were hardly felt. He doesn't like to do radical trans tweaking. I think it is a generic thing he does to stock trannys.

What kind of pressure increase can I expect to see he may have made. Say percentage wise.

He may have a combination of these:
    - increased shift pressure too much,
    - decreased torque reduction to zero,
    - decreased the PCS current table too much,
    - increases the VE and/or MAF tables too high.

He may also have reduced the shift time to zero.

It's hard to tell without viewing the file.

In what manner is he MIA... is he still in business...?

Also check that your IAT sensor is working and reporting the correct temperature.

Thanks,

Why I ask..

I have built a trans with All Sonnax parts. No Trans-go. I installed the new Sonnax performance pack and both of their super hold servos. It is fantastic but for a little nagging part throttle 1-2 bump. It's not bad but I want to put the trans pressure back to stock because it's not required with the build. The rest of the trans mods are a 4l65e conversion with the 5 gear planets, added plates to the 3-4 clutch pack, better sunshell, wider bands, and input shaft, etc. All aftermarket frictions.

Last I just want to have an idea of how much percentage or foot pound wise he MAY have added. I'm sure it's pretty basic. I guess I'll find out when my piggy bank gets up to me getting EFILive. It will not be long now.

I just wanted your educated predictions.

He will not answer his phone. And if you can get him he is only available on Fridays. When he tunes he does it and walks away. He will not talk about it with the customer.
    But the tune is great. I just do not want to go back there.

In a few weeks I'll have EFILive and I hope with study and help here I can lower my pressures to OE so the Sonnax strategy can operate as designed.
    Last edited by therock; July 12th, 2009 at 02:15 PM.

Lifetime Member

Sorry to hear that man, what car is the trans in? We can probably find a stock table for your ride and throw those values in once you get EFILive. I dont know if GM used the same values for all cars and trucks but I doubt it so we want something that will get you close. Or start by lowering line pressures by like 10% and see what happens, plus check out the parameters joecar pointed out.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

He did say he took out all the TM in the tune and when I dare asked about the trans settings he said he could burn a pump if he tweaked it too much..is all I know.

A LINK to my truck. The second paragraph has a link to my Dyno results. It should be more HP now now since the AFR was 11.1 there and it's now 12.5.

You will see a HPTuners decal on the fan cover but it's not for long.

Yes, 12.5 on a Blower motor but it does not detonate at all or pull any KR. It just does touch 12.5 a bit. I use a Predator hand held in live diagnostics to monitor.