Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About To Buy F&S V1

Default About To Buy F&S V1

I sent asked support this but maybe the Aussi boys are sleeping because of time zone differences.

I have a 2005 Silverado. Will it eat both licenses to tune the engine and transmission? Or does that apply to vehicles that use seperate PCM and TCMs'?

I have a Vista 32bit laptop and a Vista 64bit desktop. Can I install the same licensed copy on both?
    If so can I work a file on the desktop and then move the file to the laptop later and load it into the vehicle?

Thanks.

V1: separate license for each PCM and ECM and TCM (i.e. one license per controller module).
    V2: just one license per PCM or one per ECM/TCM pair (i.e. just one license per vehicle).

Yes, you can install the software on as many PC's and laptops as you like.

Yes, you can move log/tune files between all your PC's and laptops, you can use any of your machines to read/write tunes from/to your vehicle.

You can copy dash/chart/pid/map/configuration files between all of your machines to make EFILive software look identically the same on all your machines.

Edit: corrected V1/V2 license info.
    Last edited by joecar; July 15th, 2009 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    No, just one license per PCM or per ECM/TCM pair.

i.e. just one license per vehicle.
    Yes, you can install the software on as many PC's and laptops as you like.
    Yes, you can move log/tune files between all your PC's and laptops, you can use any of your machines to read/write tunes from/to your vehicle.
    You can copy dash/chart/pid/map/configuration files between all of your machines to make EFILive software look identically the same on all your machines.
    Very nice. I take it there are no problems with Vista x64?

I have more.

With everyone charging the same prices, why use a reseller?

If I order direct from EFI, do they build to order or ship immediately?

Check here for package deals if you need a WBO2.
    Last time I asked, if you order direct it come from NZ.
    Shipping may take a little longer.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Check here for package deals if you need a WBO2.
    Last time I asked, if you order direct it come from NZ.
    Shipping may take a little longer.
    Heh! Thanks.
    What is the difference between the commercial and non com?
    I see some selling it with and without for the same price.

EFILive’s low cost entry for workshops has exactly the same feature set as the Workshop option but requires purchasing PCM licenses for tuning multiple vehicles.
    The Commercial option is designed for low volume workshops that cannot justify the capital expense of EFILive unlimited Workshop option.
    Initially the product ships with two PCM licenses, allowing you to tune any two supported vehicles.
    After you have tuned two vehicles and discovered for yourself that EFILive is an essential tuning tool, additional PCM licenses can be purchased for $99.00 each, up to a limit of 25 per FlashScan interface cable.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Call me slow but it doesn't tell me the difference.
    It looks like it being a non commercial you can only use two licenses, and the commercial allows for 25?

Work shop? Where did that come from. First I read it's called V1 and now there is a workshop model?

FlashScan V1 now comes with Commercial.

Commercial allows full-flashing (i.e. flashing of operating system + calibrations) to PCM; this is useful if you're changing the OS (e.g. to a 2002 OS, or to a custom OS).

Commercial also allows you to access ETC (electronic throttle control) parameters if your vehicle has ETC.

Thanks,

Your patience with me is amazing. I'm getting there.

Still need to know, how many licenses can be used with the now commercial unit?

I see some vendors offering the V1 for $549.00 and then the upgrade for $50.00 more.
    Then I see some others offering the V1 commercial for the same price as the others do without the upgrade.
    Maybe they need to update their sites?

I'll be careful but If a person were to purchase an older pre-commercial version would the EFILive Co bring it up to speed with a free update?

Just wait, on the V1 there was no distinction between a ECM or TCM.
    Is your Silverado a Diesel or gas motor?
    On the gas motor, the Engine and Trans functions are all done in the one computer (PCM), so to tune both the engine and trans it would only use one license.
    On the Diesel because the engine and transmission are controlled by separate computers it does require two licenses to be used.
    On the V2 hardware this is not the situation, one license can be used on both the ECM & TCM.
    Unfortunately when the V1 was designed there was no separate transmission controller to consider, so it only see's the TCM as 'another' module, not the partner to the ECM.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast