Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7.3 download

Default 7.3 download

I followed the 13 steps in the 7.3 upgrade instructions, copied all the unziped files to Program Files in my laptop just like 7.2 on my desktop in windows explorer. (I dragged them to my new EFILive73 folder)
    When I click on the scan or tune Icon, I get a "dynamic link library FPD2XX.DLL couldn't be found in the specific path C:\Program Files, bla, bla."
    What did I do wrong or not do.

Thanks for the help, Curt
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

sounds like the icon you are clicking is not a shortcut to the .exe in the program files/efilive folder but the .exe file itself.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Did you uninstall V7.2 first? If so you'll need to re-install 7.2 then re-apply the 7.3 update.

Or maybe this is the problem:
    The FTD2XX.dll file drives the USB interface to FlashScan it needs to be in the same folder as the EFILive_Scan.exe and EFILive_Tune.exe files. If you copied the exe files to the desktop instead of shortcuts to the exe's (like kp said) then you may also get that message. That is because the exe's "current folder" (the desktop) does not contain the FTD2XX.dll file.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Did you uninstall V7.2 first? If so you'll need to re-install 7.2 then re-apply the 7.3 update.

Or maybe this is the problem:
    The FTD2XX.dll file drives the USB interface to FlashScan it needs to be in the same folder as the EFILive_Scan.exe and EFILive_Tune.exe files. If you copied the exe files to the desktop instead of shortcuts to the exe's (like kp said) then you may also get that message. That is because the exe's "current folder" (the desktop) does not contain the FTD2XX.dll file.

Regards
    Paul
    It's a new laptop, I even had to load windows and drivers, no 7.2 installed. I had to download winzip and it unziped 7.3 in it's program. Paul, should I install 7.2, download 7.3 as I understand from the above. I'll work on the rest of your reply.
    Thanks, Curt
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

Yes, you definitely need to do at least one install from the CD, then you can add in the updated files for V7.3.
    V7.3 as downloaded from our web site does not contain all the files - only the ones that have changed.
    We will be making a complete installation CD of V7.3 available shortly.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Yes, you definitely need to do at least one install from the CD, then you can add in the updated files for V7.3.
    V7.3 as downloaded from our web site does not contain all the files - only the ones that have changed.
    We will be making a complete installation CD of V7.3 available shortly.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul, thanks for the help. I did a search for the FTD2XX.dll file and it isn't there. I'll run the EFILive CD.

Cheers, Curt

I re installed 7.3 with the old 7.1 CD installed. Followed the new 9 step instructions.
    Now when I try to open Tune, the new 7.3 page comes up but with an error message: Duplicate *PRN Mame: GM.ETCPPS1. When I close the error message the Tune program closes.

When I open Scan, I get the new 7.3 page and the horiqontal blue bar apears with "generating error report" and then the Scan program closes.

I didn't do steps 6,7 and 8 as for now I didn't see the need.
    Well, 2 steps forward, 1 step back, but I've learned a few things.

Thanks, Curt

Quote Originally Posted by curtbriggs
    I re installed 7.3 with the old 7.1 CD installed. Followed the new 9 step instructions.
    Now when I try to open Tune, the new 7.3 page comes up but with an error message: Duplicate *PRN Mame: GM.ETCPPS1. When I close the error message the Tune program closes.

When I open Scan, I get the new 7.3 page and the horiqontal blue bar apears with "generating error report" and then the Scan program closes.

I didn't do steps 6,7 and 8 as for now I didn't see the need.
    Well, 2 steps forward, 1 step back, but I've learned a few things.

Thanks, Curt
    V7.3 includes many new "double checks" that were not done in V7.1 or 7.2
    One of those checks is to check for PIDs with duplicate names.
    Make sure the following two files:
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\sae_generic.txt
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\gm_enhanced.prn
    are both up to date files from the V7.3 download.
    Also make sure that the duplicate PID is not somehow configured into the file:
    \My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration\calc_pids.txt

Sorry for the *extreme* manual update procedure. The CD based auto installation program is being built this week.

Regards
    Paul

V7.3 includes many new "double checks" that were not done in V7.1 or 7.2
    One of those checks is to check for PIDs with duplicate names.
    Make sure the following two files:
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\sae_generic.txt
    *******both dated 8-16-05

\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\gm_enhanced.prn
    ******both dated 9-21-05

are both up to date files from the V7.3 download.
    Also make sure that the duplicate PID is not somehow configured into the file:
    ********Opened .txt and no duplication of units, slot or PRN, nothing about PIDs

Thanks, Curt

Can you please send me the three files:
    \Prgram Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\sae_generic.txt
    \Prgram Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\gm_enhanced.prn

And can you please extract the EFILive registry settings as follows:
    Start->Run, enter regedit and click [Ok]
    Navigate to the key: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.
    Right click on the V7 key and select Export, enter a filename and click [Save]. Then send the exported file to me as well, thanks.

Send the files to paul@efilive.com - thanks.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast