Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7.3 download

Paul, I just deleted everything. I thought I would install the CD then upgrade to 7.2.2 and then try to load 7.3.

Thanks, Curt
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by curtbriggs
    Paul, I just deleted everything. I thought I would install the CD then upgrade to 7.2.2 and then try to load 7.3.

Thanks, Curt
    That is also worth trying, only send the files if that does not fix the problem.

You could also try deleting the registry settings by deleting the V7 key that I described above (and everything under it) which will reset EFILive's configuration.
    EFILive will see its registry settings have been deleted and re-create all those settings with installation defaults.

Paul

All the above didn't work. files email sent. I've done it 4-5 times and the manual install isn't hard to do or screw up. I copied and pasted. Can't see how I could screw that up. I have a friend "Patches" that installed 7.3 (earlier then -010) He didn't have a problem that I know of. Maybe I'm jinxed. I wonder how many have downloaded 7.3, only one of several that I know of.

Curt
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

The error message changed to:

Duplicate *PRN name: GM.MAP

Searched all the files can't find anything with the .MAP extension.

What's *PRN ??

The error message changed to:

Duplicate *PRN name: GM.MAP

Searched all the files can't find anything with the .MAP extension.

What's *PRN ??
    Means: "Parameter Reference Numbers" found it in calc_pids

Curt

The duplicate GM.MAP error is caused by an old version of gm_enhanced.prn. That file had a duplicate PID in it from day 1.
    It only became an error once we added the duplicate PID checking code to V7.3

We fixed that file with the latest V7.3 download.

Make sure the latest version of gm_enhanced.prn is in the folder specified by the Configuration string in EFILive's registry settings.
    By default it is \Program files\EFILive\V7\Configuration, but it may have been changed - depending on where you have installed EFILive.

See image.

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reg_properties_dir.gif 
Views:	218 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	237  

[quote="Blacky"]The duplicate GM.MAP error is caused by an old version of gm_enhanced.prn. That file had a duplicate PID in it from day 1.
    It only became an error once we added the duplicate PID checking code to V7.3

We fixed that file with the latest V7.3 download.

Make sure the latest version of gm_enhanced.prn is in the folder specified by the Configuration string in EFILive's registry settings.
    By default it is \Program files\EFILive\V7\Configuration, but it may have been changed - depending on where you have installed EFILive.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I installed V7.3_10 Oct 5/05
    In Windows Explorer, My Dociments, there is V7 with 14 folders (Bug reports, etc.) Program Files is where V7.2.2 is and where I copied All the V7.3_010 files to. My Documents is where Win Zip put V7.3_010, this where I copied the files from.
    In the Registry Editor, I see Dir, Configuration, How do I know what version it is as it's not dated. What do I do with it? I'm now in unfamiliar teritory.

Thanks for all your help, I've really learned allot about files, etc in the last two days.

Thanks, Curt

In the Registry Editor, I see Dir, Configuration, How do I know what version it is as it's not dated. What do I do with it? I'm now in unfamiliar teritory.
    The reason for looking in the registry is to make sure that the folder specified for "Configuration" (i.e. the one circled in red in the image above) is *exactly* the folder that contains the gm_enhanced.prn file from the V7.3-010 download.

I have a suspicion that the registry entry for Configuration is referencing some other folder that contains an older version of gm_enhanced.prn file.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Hooray!!!!!!!!
    I final got it working. The configuration files weren't updating. The 7.3 configuration files copied as a sub folder to the 7.2.2 configuration folder. I had to go to 7.3, high light configuration, Edit, select all, copy the field and past to the 7.2.2 configuration folder after deleting the sub folder.
    You will see the new (date) files among the old files.
    Scan and Tune now open and seem to be OK, all are 7.3.

Cheers, Curt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12