Thread: i5 stock radio cayon

Lifetime Member

Default i5 stock radio cayon

first time i have seen a stock radio cause a problem but give me heart falure tonight.not good idea to throw tune on wifes cayon night befor leaving on vacation but what the heck.after 4 hours of my heart in my neck thinking how to explane to wife her truck wont start got it going unhooked every thing took radio fuse out and went thought with flash.so what i am wondering do i just pull fuse on all new stuff or only if its loaded for vacation the next day lol

Did you tell her about this or does she think you spent 4 hours 'preparing the car for the trip'
    It's odd that a factory radio would do that. Was the radio on at the time?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

My wife's Trailblazer did the same thing and had another one that I did for a client do the same thing , they were both 06 P12s .
    Both I had to uncheck fast write and it took a while but flashed .
    With this last OS change I did the flash and it went off with any problems , did full flash to a updated TIS OS , then some calibration mods and calibrations only a couple of times .
    Scary when one does it , no start , but EFILive can recover from a failed flash .

Gil
    Last edited by Chevy366; July 17th, 2009 at 04:35 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

I had done a read like 2 years ago and never got to tuning it to busy doing customers stuff.What was really weird is i just done a 98 trans am so at first it was showing kicking bootloader off wouldnt even try i noticed it was showing the 98 operating system in the status bar so i did a read on my 99 camaro custom o5 went fine so then i went back and did a read on the cayon it went ok and used that read to rebuild tune.started flashing fine then it would lag and you could hear speakers cracking i was thinking not good.so looked on here seen where radio was a problem on some ones took fuse out unhooked battery took computer out hoping it has same plug as my bench e38set up to try bench flash it didnt think it could be but need to try something.then put it back and tryed with radio fuse out and it went though.only other thing i could think was radio was off but they was a cd in it i think not sure wife drives it mainly.all is good now so far after driving it 11 hours today. wife drove most of the time while i sleep off the stess from last night lol thank god for efilive and this forum

Lifetime Member

Not exactly an update but I couldnt do a cal flash on a customers P10 today without unchecking the high speed box. Also, the Tune program prompted me to relicense his controller again...weird. Its not reading the serial number properly, I have screen shots showing that the same file has 2 different serial numbers. Finally after resetting everything it worked (using slow speed mode).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.