Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traction Control On LBZ?

Default Traction Control On LBZ?

Does anyone know if there is some sort of traction control hidden in the ECM or TCM?

I have been fighting a problem that has me pulling my hair out.

If I load the truck and come out of the hole spinning the rear tires, the truck will excellerate and fall flat on its face, Shift gears to second and then excellerates the rest of the run with out any problems.

If I roll into the throttle with out breaking the tires loose, the truck will go through the rest of the run without any problems.

At first I was looking at a defuel problem, but from what I can see that is not the problem.

Any help would be really appreciated, and if you could give tables to look at would be helpful also.

Lifetime Member

Take a look at D5197 in the TCM. Be careful though you will hurt the tranny. It is defuel problem.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

I have looked at that table, I have it disabled and both values set to 0.

I saw in another forum that there is an updated trans calibration, I looked at all of them, I think 10 updates, none of the TSB's refer to this problem.

Lifetime Member

hmmm... really sounds a lot like shift de-fuel
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

Check out this thread... http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...hlight=de-fuel

Sorry, i just thought I had read in there that he figured it out - i guess not... You can still read through, might help, might not though...
    07 GMC Sierra LBZ Dually w/ Allison 6 speed automatic
    Crew Cab Dually SLT

Here's another one that didn't say if it helped or not, maybe it'll point you in the right direction though.. http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...hlight=de-fuel
    07 GMC Sierra LBZ Dually w/ Allison 6 speed automatic
    Crew Cab Dually SLT

actually there is a traction control on the lbz but if I remember correctly it says in the manual that yo uhave to have the shifter in M and set to "2" for it to be active.

Perhaps use the Brake Torque managenment tables to limit just enough to keep you from spinning the tires so that you still get optimal take off...when the wheels are spinning and suddenly they catch, that's gonna put a pretty good load on that engine for a second too which only increases the problem. My truck will do the same thing to some extent, but if I take off spinning like you say my truck de-fuels to shift into second but when it hits second it'll still keep spinning so I don't know that it's falling on it's face as yours seems to be...I'm not sure
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by tinman22 View Post
    actually there is a traction control on the lbz but if I remember correctly it says in the manual that yo uhave to have the shifter in M and set to "2" for it to be active.
    Yeah i've tried that and it still starts out in 1st... Whatever.... My traction control is my right foot.

Lifetime Member

What is your rev limiter set to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast