Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rough running after flash and return to stock, TPS problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    EFILive does not support full flashing for the 4.2 TB.
    Ah, I see... Thanks for the clarification.

I guess I'm back to troubleshooting my bad defaults. Any ideas of where to find them?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Adjusting the base/default values for that learned data will mean the values do not have to be learned very far from their original defaults, which means there will not be a large performance degradation (that needs to be learned out of the system) each time you read or re-flash the PCM.
    Any tips on where to find these default values??? Would performing a GM OBD-II Driving Cycle complete the learning process? (though I don't think I can, my TB won't even idle with the A/C running!)

I have to get the car smogged next week and I'm getting a little nervous about having it running smooth again like it was before the flashes.
    Last edited by Whodunnit; July 23rd, 2009 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whodunnit View Post
    One more piece of information I learned this morning. The cuts in rpm correspond with the A/C attempting to kick on. When I disable the A/C the idle goes smooth.

Now, what would this have to do with pulling my stock calibration, reprogramming w/ different speedo settings, and then reverting back to my stock cal data?!?

Is there a bug in the LL8 / FlashScan somewhere? I'm losing faith in EFI Live.
    My wifes TB did this same thing because of the EVAP solenoid valve , bad idle with A/C (surging) , but I got a MIL and DTC P0449 .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by Whodunnit View Post
    Any tips on where to find these default values??? Would performing a GM OBD-II Driving Cycle complete the learning process? (though I don't think I can, my TB won't even idle with the A/C running!)

I have to get the car smogged next week and I'm getting a little nervous about having it running smooth again like it was before the flashes.
    Hook up the V2 and run Scan Tool and when connected open the SRT tab , the SRT will show what has "passed" or "not ready" , this is what most Emission Tests look at for passing .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I'll try that. Thank you!

A little followup and good news. Shortly after starting my next scan (after reading the above email) I decided to just drive the TB with the A/C on and keep the RPM's up to keep it running. After about 10 minutes the TB all of a sudden started running more smoothly and idled fine both with and without the A/C on. I guess it just took longer than I had thought to satisfy all the necessary OBD drive cycle parameters and (sufficiently?) complete the self-tuning process, and it didn't need to be idling to do it.

I still show an EVAP "not ready" status in my SRT tab but decided to take the car in for the Smog Check anyway. It blew 00's and passed the CA emissions test with flying colors! (note, having the 4x4 option, the computer designated only the off-dyno test )

Thanks for everyone's help with this. Now I can finally play with the settings and deal with the learn times with more peace of mind.

Peace!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12