Thread: Idle Tuning w/ Pics for your viewing pleasure

Default Idle Tuning w/ Pics for your viewing pleasure

2001 LS6 Z06 Vette with OS 12593358 which does not log IAC PIS's for RAFIG process.

It was suggested to switch to OS 12212156 and get a stock tune to start with. Dave (dfe1) has provided me with this and I'm very close to taking this leap. Dave recommends starting with the stock tune and starting over because so many things seem jacked up with my tune. Upon comparing the this stock tune to my tune, I found the Spark, VE, MAF tables to be greatly different and decided to waste a couple days chasing idle tune before I take this leap.

It was also suggested that because I have upgraded to a 90mm TB to change the b4349 surface area to .017. I'm ready to try that too, but when I reaseach b4349 I find the opinions split as to decreasing like Dave says, or increasing the number. I would go Dave's route, but the opinions for the 90mm upgrade going total different directions makes a person leary.

That said ( please don't me mad at me dave, I know I'm a glutton for punishment ) I decided to try some idle tuning as it was pretty easy. I'm doing it the pre-RAFIG way since I can't do RAFIG. I log DYNAIR grams/s and MAF grams/s. I've done 3 logs now, and the pics here are from this morning cold ( ya like 60f is cold ). Basically put the car in neutral, start the log and let it warm up for 20min. Take the values in the map and plug into b4307. Both MAF and Dynair want me idling ( car sitting still ) at around 5 grams/s as you see below. Stock was 7.40. I made the change and drove to work.

These changes actually made things worse while driving. The next two screens really show the symtoms of the problem! You are driving along and put in the clutch. What happens is the Grams/s drops below the requested idle range of 5, into the 3's and of course my RPM goes to sub 400 and sometimes dies.

So the million dollar question is. What do I do to make my grams/s never drop below the range in my desired air flow b4307 table?

2001 Corvette Z06

512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2