Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie here needing some help

That's what I pulled from the pcm.

this is what I've found for it. this text is written for a 99 malibu, but it should be the same for you:
    http://chevrolet.justanswer.com/uplo...1665-Debug.pdf

if it is actually the EVAP system, it would make sense, because the 96-97 EVAPs didn't have the same setup as the 98+ ones(including the '02 xvan), and we don't have the vent valve hanging off the charcoal canister that the others do, I'm working on upgrading to a 98+ canister so I can have EVAPs correctly set up, but until then I don't have it activated. I'm thinking that is what the code is actually for. and if so, you can just disable it.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

OK so far so good, I have disabled the evaps. Now I need to do work on the trans, it shifts too soft, and the downshift is too sensitive, does that make sense? Like when I am on the highway and want to pass, it usually will downshift into 3, but now it downshifts into 2, and im not even full throttle!

I also was hoping for a lil more power, im curious to see if me turing off all that tq managment stuff actually worked, Im gona do a logged run monday night!

Quote Originally Posted by rennoc442 View Post
    OK so far so good, I have disabled the evaps. Now I need to do work on the trans, it shifts too soft, and the downshift is too sensitive, does that make sense? Like when I am on the highway and want to pass, it usually will downshift into 3, but now it downshifts into 2, and im not even full throttle!

I also was hoping for a lil more power, im curious to see if me turing off all that tq managment stuff actually worked, Im gona do a logged run monday night!
    I ditched my 4l60e, I can't help much there. you can try raising the line pressure slightly, and also lowering the shift times. cruize around the trans area, should be some good advice there.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12