Thread: I give in....I have reached my frustration point

Default I give in....I have reached my frustration point

Let me start with....I am stationed in a country without any available tuners that I know of (I don't speak the language). I bought EFILive over a year ago with the hopes that I could tune my 347 in my 01 SS. Well, I did not get anywhere except to log from the LC1 when my motor desintegrated. That absolutely devastated me. I have been reading everything about tuning that I possibly can and have spent countless hours flipping through the EFILive program pages over the past year. I am not confident at all in tuning a new motor that should be shipping soon. I am going from the 347 LS1 to an LS3 427. I was planning on starting it up with a sample from the repository. I still do not see anything that I think would be close enough.

I am really looking for someone that would be willing to do a tune via email. I am hoping a tuner can email me a base tune that I can upload for startup. I would then log whatever they feel necessary and send it back to them. They can then make changes and send it back to me. Is anyone interested in doing this? Obviously, I am not asking for a freebie. I just need help!

Shade, mein freund. Veilleicht, koenne Ich dir hilfen?

I would recommend starting from the stock OEM tune and working from there. I just don't trust something from an unknown repository where someone else may have forgotten a critical change, fatfingered a number, or just plain did it wrong. The OEM cal runs and OEM car, you just need to update the calibration tables that represent the hardware changes you've made. Most likely, you just need to revise your MAF and VE tables to match your new parts and the engine will run fine.

If you want to learn to tune it yourself, I put together a new training DVD that walks through the fundamental processes for tuning in both MAF and SD modes. It's available through Summit HERE. The learning curve for tuning can be very steep (as you've already seen!), but this training should get you up to speed much quicker.
    ~Greg
    Calibrated Success - EFI Training and Tuning Done Right
    GM Beginner's Guide DVD available now through Summit!
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Amazon's best deal for the EFI crowd.

Lifetime Member

I can send you a base tune if you are interested. Post your email and you will receive one tonight.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Mate Oztrack does this exact thing, he offers a service for your needs.

shoot him a PM, or check his website (google for it )

never say die at least give yourself months not days to absorb the infomation ....study these
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=2990

Lifetime Member

Dont give up my friend, there are several guys on here that would be glad to help you.

Lifetime Member

Are you keeping the LS1 ECM? If you are you will need a trigger conversion kit and a couple of extention wiring looms for the knock sensors, map sensor etc etc. These are available from the US.
    I recently did such a conversion for a customer with an LS3 crate engine replacing his destroyed LS1 engine in a HSV GTS 2001. It went extremely smoothly and I spent 3 days getting the tune just right. I can help you with a very good base tune that will need very little work providing the LS3 is a standard crate engine with a standard cam etc etc. PM if interested.
    Mike

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...all/index.html

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...&Category_Code=
    Last edited by The Alchemist; August 4th, 2009 at 07:33 PM.
    "Just a tune > yeah right !!!! "

Thanks all for the positive responses. It helps alot.

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Shade, mein freund. Veilleicht, koenne Ich dir hilfen?
    Huh? See. I had to put that into a translator and it still doesn't make sense LOL.

I would recommend starting from the stock OEM tune and working from there.
    Really, after all of the reading, I thought that I would need something more than a base tune to get it running. I am not directly swapping an LS3. It is an HKE engine with a few more cubes running off the stock 01 LS1 computer.

If you want to learn to tune it yourself, I put together a new training DVD that walks through the fundamental processes for tuning in both MAF and SD modes. It's available through Summit HERE.
    I might just have to grab that. Is it LS based?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I can send you a base tune if you are interested. Post your email and you will receive one tonight.
    I really would appreciate the assistance. I will send a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OLS108 View Post
    Mate Oztrack does this exact thing, he offers a service for your needs.
    I did check out OZ. I am not sure that is exactly what I am looking for. As much as I would like to learn to do it, I am almost leaning to having it done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    Are you keeping the LS1 ECM? If you are you will need a trigger conversion kit and a couple of extention wiring looms for the knock sensors, map sensor etc etc. These are available from the US.
    I can help you with a very good base tune that will need very little work providing the LS3 is a standard crate engine with a standard cam etc etc. PM if interested.
    Mike
    Unfortunately for tuning sake, this is a completly custom HKE built big cube LS3 with Mamo 225's, Fast 90, 60lb Fast, stepped 1-3/4" Kooks w/ORY and a custom cam. I have a GM parts harness that I hope will provide me with the necessary connections. I am going to use the stock 01 computer and would not mind going SD.
    Last edited by chevroletfreak; August 13th, 2009 at 11:10 AM.