Thread: E38 will not reflash License error

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default E38 will not reflash License error

I need some help with this, I searched the forum for a couple hours, I have not found any answers.

I have a 2008 chevrolet truck e-38, that when I started to program it asked me to license the pcm to my cable so i did that, then when
    i try to program, it gets an error that says "flashscan is not able to
    determine license status of this ecm"
    If I check the the information for the attached PCM it gives the operating system for the transmission?
    Mark

It sounds like you are licensed to the TCM and not the PCM.
    You will use one license for each module (PCM or TCM).

FlashScan V2 VIN License
    FlashScan V2's VIN licensing scheme does not rely on the VIN but on other, non-VIN data, unique to each controller. What that means is, a VIN license is required for each pair of engine and transmission controllers that you wish to reprogram, regardless of the VIN that is programmed into the controllers. The engine and transmission "pair" may be reprogrammed while installed in the same or different vehicles, it does not matter.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Thanks, I did read the trans also. but this comes from the license page on efilive.com, as you can see one license does both. but when I try to reflash the engine (e38 is selected automaticaly in the reflash box) I get that error

Price: US$99.00
    FlashScan V2 customers may purchase additional VIN licenses to tune extra controllers. Each license purchased will allow tuning of one engine/powertrain and one transmission controller

thanks
    mark
    Mark

One license per module,
    if the PCM controls the trans that is one module, one license.
    If the trans is controlled by a separate module (TCM) then a license for it
    will be used.
    V2 comes with 2 PCM and 2 TCM licenses.
    To view the licenses that are used/available on the V2 power it up
    F4> F3> F2
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

mr.prick we should probably clarify here.

In your case markemac, you will use 1 VIN license. Just 1 VIN license covers BOTH the ECM and TCM modules. Your V2 comes from EFILive with 2 VIN licenses. That is good for 2 cars with either a PCM or an ECM/TCM combo. Now why it is not letting you reflash I do not know, have you tried unplugging your TCM and trying to license the ECM without the TCM there to potentially mess things up? Or unplug the ECM (vice-versa depending on which one is already licensed).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    mr.prick we should probably clarify here.

In your case markemac, you will use 1 VIN license. Just 1 VIN license covers BOTH the ECM and TCM modules. Your V2 comes from EFILive with 2 VIN licenses. That is good for 2 cars with either a PCM or an ECM/TCM combo. Now why it is not letting you reflash I do not know, have you tried unplugging your TCM and trying to license the ECM without the TCM there to potentially mess things up? Or unplug the ECM (vice-versa depending on which one is already licensed).
    Scarab is correct. You will need to license with the "cable" both the TCM and ECM. You will only use (1) license when doing this though. If you have already done the TCM ,then all you need to do is the same with the ECM. It won't take (2) license's away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Black02SS View Post
    Scarab is correct. You will need to license with the "cable" both the TCM and ECM. You will only use (1) license when doing this though. If you have already done the TCM ,then all you need to do is the same with the ECM. It won't take (2) license's away from you.
    When you lock to a PCM does it automatically lock the TCM too?
    Maybe the cable is just locked to one or the other,
    that's what I was trying to say.
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    When you lock to a PCM does it automatically lock the TCM too?
    Maybe the cable is just locked to one or the other,
    that's what I was trying to say.
    No, I have 6 TCM licenses left on my V2 cable right now even though Ive tuned 6 P10 controllers. I assume I can use them at least! I need to buy another license as Ive finally used mine up after 2+ years, have to start tuning my TBSS! Cant wait to firm the shifts up a bit in it.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Cable will lock to the vehicle so to speak allowing you to "license" both the ECM and TCM. But you only use (1) License even though you "license" both controllers. HA! You have to physically click the licese button when you flash a ECM/TCM for the first time. 2 Clicks - 1 License

Quote Originally Posted by Black02SS View Post
    Cable will lock to the vehicle so to speak allowing you to "license" both the ECM and TCM. But you only use (1) License even though you "license" both controllers. HA! You have to physically click the licese button when you flash a ECM/TCM for the first time. 2 Clicks - 1 License
    Yeah, this is what I meant.
    LC-1 WBO2