Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Correct IFR tables for LS3/LS7 injectors in Gen III

Quote Originally Posted by SweetS10V8 View Post
    Has anyone had the time to try out the new injector data in their vehicle yet? I havent made time to do it yet.
    I have tried but not tested them yet, I need to finish this other stuff first.
    First impressions are good.
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra View Post
    the IFR table (I think that's B4001, I never got used to the EFI numbering scheme) you want set up based on the fuel pressure scanned with a fuel pressure sensor, and adjusted from the flow test bench's data for your particular injector. There's enough of discrepancies and shortcomings in the hardware to use to render all assumptions useless.

Thanks for the reply and I understand there will be discrepancies with different systems but I will need a base tune to start with. The 12576341 ls3 injectors are quoted as 39.82 lb injectors @58 PSI in some net searches and 42.1 lb at 58psi on other ones I have done.
    I'm currently looking for someone here in Western Sydney who can flow them for me so I have a good base to start. I firmly agree that it is imperative to find out exacly what each injector flows to avoid a lean condition on a cyl.

Thanks again

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SweetS10V8 View Post
    Has anyone had the time to try out the new injector data in their vehicle yet? I havent made time to do it yet.
    I have a different version then marcins, someone made it for me... way diff values then marcins sheets...

i will try my new sheets tomm and report back

i have ls3 and ls9 injector tables.. from a reputable source
    01 Z06, 4L60E CONVERSION, L92/L76 TOP END, 72# LS3 INJECTORS (THANKS FIC), DRY NITROUS, COS5

Lifetime Member

ok well my offsets and ifr work....no issues car starts and runs fine... just need to tune it and its all good, and i didnt use marcins sheet...
    01 Z06, 4L60E CONVERSION, L92/L76 TOP END, 72# LS3 INJECTORS (THANKS FIC), DRY NITROUS, COS5

Quote Originally Posted by WHYTRYZ06 View Post
    ok well my offsets and ifr work....no issues car starts and runs fine... just need to tune it and its all good, and i didnt use marcins sheet...
    Still doesnt make them right though.
    The Tremor at AIR

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    Still doesnt make them right though.
    well, shows what u know...if u say so, lol then they dont work....ima belive what u say over the STOP difference i already feel w/ the car.,

to each their own

The differences between the tables I have and Marcin's table's are very small (in the decimal places)... I made sure the axis/labels lined up properly so that paste-with-labels works... my tools forced me to interpolate in the X and Y directions separately so it let me look closely at each 2D curve that make up the 3D table (B1210->B3701) and eliminate any strange values caused by interpolating with a quadratic or a cubic spline (i.e. where it should be flat at 14 ms)... and I made sure the "boundaries" matched the original tables...

essentially we're sanity checking each other...

I found something interesting: when I reverse calculated the rail pressure from the original tables, I found this:

- GM appears to have calculated the LS3/LS7 IFR based on rail pressure 58.0 psi,
    - GM appears to have calculated the LS9 IFR based on rail pressure 61.4 psi,

(61.4 psi... what is that....?)

To find the rail pressure: rearrange IFR480 = IFR400*sqrt((P+80)/P) to get P = 80/((IFR480/IFR400)^2-1)

where IFR480 is at 480kPa, IFR400 is at 400kPa, P is rail pressure.

Last edited by joecar; January 13th, 2010 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WHYTRYZ06 View Post
    well, shows what u know...if u say so, lol then they dont work....ima belive what u say over the STOP difference i already feel w/ the car.,

to each their own
    I am not saying that what values you have used are wrong or right. I dont even know what your values are. Just that the car running, no matter how well can still be achieved with the incorrect values.

At the end of the day, as long as you are happy that is all that counts.
    The Tremor at AIR

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    I am not saying that what values you have used are wrong or right. I dont even know what your values are. Just that the car running, no matter how well can still be achieved with the incorrect values.

At the end of the day, as long as you are happy that is all that counts.
    well, i hear ya... but there correct, and i stand behind the man who made em'

They may or may not be the correct values... they are an attempt to shoe-horn the stock LS3/LS7/LS9 tables into the LS1 tables...

the LS1 tables would even force some discretization on those values (i.e. rounding to the nearest representable binary number).

The idea is to copy all the injector tables [that can be copied] following Greg Banish's idea of using injectors that come with all the tables.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast