Thread: Help on IFR tables for Fbody/Holden (Ross/Paul)

Default Help on IFR tables for Fbody/Holden (Ross/Paul)

I was looking at a few tunes tonight with another member (Tordne) and came across something that I don't understand. From viewing stock tunes from a 2002 FBody/2002 VX Series/2004 GTO. Now from my understanding all three of these have the same Fuel Pressure (58psi stock) and injectors. Why the difference in IFR tables from one to the other. The Holden is WAY different and I a trying to understand why. Does anyone know the ratings for PSI and Injectors on the holdens?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2002_vx-series-gto.png 
Views:	213 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	240   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004_gto.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2002_fbody.png 
Views:	201 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	242  

CHad,

The injectors changed on them in 2001, I have a set of 2000 injectors here that are marked as follows.

Bosch # 0 280 155 890
    GM # 12555894

As for the injector flow table, I have no idea why the Holden one is like it is. Someone with more mechanical knowledge than I might know if there is a difference in our fuel system that needed the table defined like that. Another theory, the Engineer at Holden when the LS1 first came out decided to do that and it's just stuck ever since?.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    CHad,

The injectors changed on them in 2001, I have a set of 2000 injectors here that are marked as follows.

Bosch # 0 280 155 890
    GM # 12555894

As for the injector flow table, I have no idea why the Holden one is like it is. Someone with more mechanical knowledge than I might know if there is a difference in our fuel system that needed the table defined like that. Another theory, the Engineer at Holden when the LS1 first came out decided to do that and it's just stuck ever since?.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Thanks. I have a tune from a 2002 Corvette that is different as well and I know it has the same injectors as a Fbody. :( Just wondering.

Just looked on my injectors and they have the following part # 0 280 155 931. From what I can gather (from a very quick search) this is a 28lb injector and was common across the 01-02 range.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    Just looked on my injectors and they have the following part # 0 280 155 931. From what I can gather (from a very quick search) this is a 28lb injector and was common across the 01-02 range.
    That is interesting. So I wonder why they used a jacked up IFR table on the holdens then.