Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: cable to DBW swap?

Lifetime Member

And for all the LT1 guys hating OptiSpark, the cost to them is WELL worth it so they're not stuck on the side of the road (Mike wasnt it you that said its happened to you?)!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    And for all the LT1 guys hating OptiSpark, the cost to them is WELL worth it so they're not stuck on the side of the road (Mike wasnt it you that said its happened to you?)!
    Not me, but when Mark or I drive by shop with a Caprice, Roadmaster, Fleetwood, Camaro, Firebird in the park lot we say "must be optispark".
    24x LS1 PCM on Early Small-Block Chevy and LT1/LT4
    http://www.eficonnection.com

So what do you guys think about electronic throttle with a single coil and distributor? Thoughts about changing the Corvette calibration's high resolution crank to low resolution? Maybe I'll try it out this year.
    24x LS1 PCM on Early Small-Block Chevy and LT1/LT4
    http://www.eficonnection.com

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by S10Wildside View Post
    Not me, but when Mark or I drive by shop with a Caprice, Roadmaster, Fleetwood, Camaro, Firebird in the park lot we say "must be optispark".
    Ah crap, sorry Mike I was talking about the other Mike in this thread (schwoch1)! My bad.

Probably true though, I assume LT1s used in marine applications in 97 have OptiSpark still? If so my friends are gonna love it with their MasterCraft craps out, least its been running strong for 13 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by S10Wildside View Post
    So what do you guys think about electronic throttle with a single coil and distributor? Thoughts about changing the Corvette calibration's high resolution crank to low resolution? Maybe I'll try it out this year.
    Interesting, does anyone know if the actual code for low resolution crank exists in a Vette OS? I thought thats why the Vortec Black Box guys using a LS1 PCM swap use an Express Van tune because it has the low resolution crank and no other OS does (maybe Blazers with the 4.3, but no V8s)?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Twice to be exact, barely made it to the shop on one and walked with the second failure. One was a brandy new Delphi unit and the other was a Cardone reman... the cardone actually made it longer before the bearing shit out!!! Wasn't going for the third time...... Thank god EFI Connection had their setup hot off the press!!! I thank Mike every day the truck starts and don't leave me stranded!!!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

mine isn't an LTx optispark, but my POS vortec distributor setup has left me stranded before as well. I'm glad I did the 24x setup. it was WELL worth it to me too.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

Hey Miike with the dbw setup on the e38 if i am using all the complete dash,wiring, bcm,pim,pedals & everything else from the donner car the cruise should still work right?
    Donner was manual 2006 Holden hsv gto coupe with the e40ecu and have rewired to the e38 ecu body plug and have the ecu with the right configuration to suit.
    Also would there be any ill effects by installing the throttle body straight down onto a modified 4bbl intake with an adapter instead of using one of those elbows.
    thanks Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by kham383 View Post
    Hey Miike with the dbw setup on the e38 if i am using all the complete dash,wiring, bcm,pim,pedals & everything else from the donner car the cruise should still work right?
    I can't speak from experience, but it all sounds good to me.

would there be any ill effects by installing the throttle body straight down onto a modified 4bbl intake with an adapter instead of using one of those elbows.
    thanks Ron.
    I'm not the right guy to ask, but I think it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by kham383 View Post
    Donner was manual 2006 Holden hsv gto coupe with the e40ecu and have rewired to the e38 ecu body plug and have the ecu with the right configuration to suit.
    Also would there be any ill effects by installing the throttle body straight down onto a modified 4bbl intake with an adapter instead of using one of those elbows.
    thanks Ron.
    I also agree, if you have all the appropiate inputs to the PCM, cruise should work.
    As far as mounting the throttle body on top of intake, other than complicating the plumbing to the air cleaner, I have done it before and it works fine!!!
    Good Luck
    Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234