Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cable to DBW swap?

further questions:
    as I understand it, the earlier setups used the external TAC module, however the newer LS2/etc 58x based reluctor ECM's have the TAC module built into them, correct? so if someone with a SBC, like me, wanted to do this, I could pull out my 24x reluctor that I've already installed, and put in your new 58x reluctor, and swap to an LS2 ECM to make use of the internal TAC module, then all that would be needed is the pedal assembly, and correct TB, this would make use of the PCM controlled cruize control and other stuff, right? though I'm guessing I'd have to wire some of the cruise control wiring from the brake pedal switch to the PCM or something? Hmmm.....maybe I could have an 1996 E38 controlled truck....heh

edit- nix that, I just read that the 58x conversion with gen IV controllers don't support cruise control on the due to the CAN/BCM setup. sounds like keeping the 24x and looking for the correct TAC/etc is still the way to go.
    Last edited by Aloicious; February 20th, 2010 at 01:46 AM.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

Quote Originally Posted by Aloicious View Post
    further questions:
    as I understand it, the earlier setups used the external TAC module, however the newer LS2/etc 58x based reluctor ECM's have the TAC module built into them, correct?
    Yes

so if someone with a SBC, like me, wanted to do this, I could pull out my 24x reluctor that I've already installed, and put in your new 58x reluctor, and swap to an LS2 ECM to make use of the internal TAC module, then all that would be needed is the pedal assembly, and correct TB
    You also need to use a 4x cam signal. I don't have a pic of our production pieces, but here is the prototype that was used for production.

this would make use of the PCM controlled cruize control and other stuff, right? though I'm guessing I'd have to wire some of the cruise control wiring from the brake pedal switch to the PCM or something? Hmmm.....maybe I could have an 1996 E38 controlled truck....heh :rockon

edit- nix that, I just read that the 58x conversion with gen IV controllers don't support cruise control on the due to the CAN/BCM setup. sounds like keeping the 24x and looking for the correct TAC/etc is still the way to go.
    You got it.
    24x LS1 PCM on Early Small-Block Chevy and LT1/LT4
    http://www.eficonnection.com

AND......with a big thanks to Ross......closed loop is now functional!

EFILive does not currently expose the injector to bank assignment table for the Gen IV ECMs. EFILive came through to let us test this table and we verified functional fuel trims on our 58x 454ci Ram Jet engine last Monday.

Gotta love EFILive!

Now if only we can get Craig Moates to make an E38 emulator.

Quote Originally Posted by S10Wildside View Post
    AND......with a big thanks to Ross......closed loop is now functional!

EFILive does not currently expose the injector to bank assignment table for the Gen IV ECMs. EFILive came through to let us test this table and we verified functional fuel trims on our 58x 454ci Ram Jet engine last Monday.

Gotta love EFILive!

Now if only we can get Craig Moates to make an E38 emulator.
    That is cool, Ross, and everyone else here is a BIG reason to choose EFILive.

if we could somehow get cruize control working I'd swap to the 58x easy. but I don't see that in the near future with the BCM issues.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

okay, HERE's a question for you....I know some of the early LS2 motors (2005 GTO and maybe vette?) actually used a 24x reluctor but with the newer PCM's, did these vehicles run the integrated TAC, or were they still external? (unless I'm mistaken I think these were the E40's?)

okay, HERE's a question for you....I know some of the early LS2 motors (2005 GTO and maybe vette?) actually used a 24x reluctor but with the newer PCM's, did these vehicles run the integrated TAC, or were they still external? (unless I'm mistaken I think these were the E40's?)
    The early LS2 with 24x reluctor uses the E40 ECM. Same cruise control issues.

Quote Originally Posted by S10Wildside View Post
    The early LS2 with 24x reluctor uses the E40 ECM. Same cruise control issues.
    so theoretically with the 24x reluctor I already have, I could run an E40, but still wouldn't have the cruise control due to the BCM/CAN interface.

does the E40/24x require a 4x cam signal too?

Keep the info coming...Good info to have for us custom swapper guys!

so theoretically with the 24x reluctor I already have, I could run an E40, but still wouldn't have the cruise control due to the BCM/CAN interface.
    The 2005 SSR is the (only?) E40 application with cruise control going directly to the ECM. Calibrations are available as automatic or manual transmission. If you don't source an SSR E40 ECM, you can send it in for a GM TIS-SPS flash. You cannot use EFILive to flash a 2005 SSR calibration in a 2005 GTO E40 ECM (and so on).

does the E40/24x require a 4x cam signal too?
    The E40 (as GM has used it in all production vehicles) requires 24x crank and 1x cam.

Lifetime Member

Mike do the 5.3L and 6.0L TrailBlazer/Envoys from 05-06 that run the E40 have the same cruise setup as the SSR? I ask because the SSR and TB/Voy are close cousins, the SSR is a modified long wheelbase TrailBlazer and they share lots of parts. Thinking this might allow a few more ECM options for everyone if it is indeed true.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast