Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cable to DBW swap?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Mike do the 5.3L and 6.0L TrailBlazer/Envoys from 05-06 that run the E40 have the same cruise setup as the SSR?
    I don't know.
    24x LS1 PCM on Early Small-Block Chevy and LT1/LT4
    http://www.eficonnection.com

Lifetime Member

Is it possible to have a DBW set up with a 4x reluctor ??

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    Is it possible to have a DBW set up with a 4x reluctor ??
    No, but if you could identify all of the electronic throttle tables not exposed in EFILive...and come up with a .CAX file...then it might be possible.

Hmm...or I wonder what would happen if you started with an LS1 Corvette calibration and then changed the Vehicle Platform table's Low Resolution Crank value to "Yes". So the question then becomes, what happens in the calibration when this value is changed? Does it enable single coil and distributor ignition?

Speaking of the LS1/LS6 Corvette, there has been one crazy national backorder on the throttle actuator control module. I sure hope my module doesn't go bad anytime soon.
    Last edited by S10Wildside; April 6th, 2011 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by S10Wildside View Post
    Speaking of the LS1/LS6 Corvette, there has been one crazy national backorder on the throttle actuator control module. I sure hope my module doesn't go bad anytime soon.
    Must be from all them people doing DBW conversions on their TPI and LT1 engines with a kit from some company in PA....
    Or it is because maybe GM screwed some vendors with the whole bankruptcy thing, or at least that is what my local dealer keeps saying!!! Whatever it is, hope it gets resolved soon!!!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

Electronic throttle TPI/LT1 is not in demand. It's too expensive for most conversions. The E40 alternative gets around the expensive LS1 TAC, but adds the cost of the E40 and GM TIS-SPS flash. So you really don't come out ahead. As long as the TPI/LT1 electronic throttle body remains billet CNC construction and requires disassembly of a good LS1 throttle body, it's going to remain more of a novelty...and I'll continue to hear the criticism about its price.

Speaking of criticism, someone over at LS1tech.com dropped the F-bomb today about how greedy EFI Connection is. There is so much misunderstanding about the cost of high quality, low quantity (compared to GM products), production.
    Last edited by S10Wildside; April 6th, 2011 at 12:20 PM.

Electronic throttle TPI/LT1 is not in demand. It's too expensive for most conversions. The E40 alternative gets around the expensive LS1 TAC, but adds the cost of the E40 and GM TIS-SPS flash. So you really don't come out ahead. As long as the TPI/LT1 electronic throttle body remains billet CNC construction and requires disassembly of a good LS1 throttle body, it's going to remain more of a novelty...and I'll continue to hear the criticism about its price.
    Yah, people can be funny like that, they like the concept but don't want to pay for it. In this day and age of outsourcing to China for damn near everything, people are used to/expect dirt cheap prices. I would love to swap to DBW on my '71 GMC, but again, the cable works great especially since I got the cruise up and going!!!
    BTW, I was being sarcastic in my last post, wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers!!!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by schwoch1 View Post
    Yah, people can be funny like that, they like the concept but don't want to pay for it. In this day and age of outsourcing to China for damn near everything, people are used to/expect dirt cheap prices. I would love to swap to DBW on my '71 GMC, but again, the cable works great especially since I got the cruise up and going!!!
    BTW, I was being sarcastic in my last post, wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers!!!

Mike
    Understood. And yes, I see plenty examples of China products...disguised as some of the top name brands in your Summit catalog. What most don't know is that the profit margin of these large outfits (with China products) greatly exceeds the profit margin of low volume CNC products made in the USA.

Lifetime Member

Speaking of criticism, someone over at LS1tech.com dropped the F-bomb today about how greedy EFI Connection is. There is so much misunderstanding about the cost of high quality, low quantity (compared to GM products), production.
    Don't worry about that Mike I have always thought your pricing (while sometimes high) is very appropriate !!
    I've always received great service !!!

-Justin

yeah I agree, the cost is somewhat high for the 24x stuff. but IMO its worth it and justified. random people like that sometimes don't understand what it takes to develop and manufacture a product of high quality, and with exceptional service to back it up.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

Well Said

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast