Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 98 s-10 os file

Lifetime Member

whoops I was postin while you were.

Lifetime Member

Keith, I think so unfortunately. I dont have access to any of the cars you guys are talking about, Im just dumping the information Ive learned over the years. If the P12 works with your BCM, then the last thing will be to figure out what to do with the P12s exhaust cam VVT settings. Your motor wont have the sensor or ability to control it, maybe do some digging in the PCM to see if we can shut it off.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Ok not a problem if it doesnt work. I dont think its real expensive to do this swap and if it does not work oh well. I will have learned some stuff.

Lifetime Member

Got to order efilive pretty quick anyway. Im going to need the v2 correct?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    Got to order efilive pretty quick anyway. Im going to need the v2 correct?
    To touch a 4Cyl PCM I believe you need a V2. For a P12 you have to have a V2 as it communicates via CAN which V1 cant communicate on.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Lifetime Member

ive got some info. apparently I can flash a Ld9 s/c tune to my s10 pcm. The ld9 shares the same 7x reluctor as my pcm. Im not sure if this reflash installs just the fuel and spark tables or the whole operating system from the ld9?? The same person told me if this flash does take on my s10(he is not 100% positive it will) that I might lose my gauge functions like the 99 earlier cavaliers do, conflict with the bcm. On 2000 and later cavaliers the reflash works and you dont lose gauge functions. So it works on cavaliers but nobody is sure if it will work on a s10, and who knows if the bcm will function with the new reflash. Anyway if it worked I would have 2 bar tuning. I guess only one way to find out. Anyone have any input on this? Thanks keith

Lifetime Member

new info. I just read that the ld9 s/c reflash will just change like one table in my pcm. Instead of the V/E table read as TPS it will read in KPA for the map. That is the only table its supposed to change. So it changes fueling from alpha-n to speed density.

Lifetime Member

new info. I just read that the ld9 s/c reflash will just change like one table in my pcm. Instead of the V/E table read as TPS it will read in KPA for the map. That is the only table its supposed to change. So it changes fueling from alpha-n to speed density.
    Then you could split the table using a 2Bar MAP and be good, albeit with lower table resolution. Try it out!
    ~Erik~

Lifetime Member

Were you able to get your hands on a LD9 file? If you don't mind, please post it.

Lifetime Member

Turbo bu, I havent found one yet. Ive been getting all the info and supplies ready for my brothers 411 pcm swap in his s10. We should be getting it delivered by next thurs or friday. I will find the ld9 s/c reflash tune and post it as soon as I get it. Keith
    Last edited by slows10; May 22nd, 2010 at 12:56 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234