Thread: G8 gt dod

Default G8 gt dod

Can you make it run in 4cyl mode at idel? Would that help any when sitting in traffic? I notice driving even the slightest incline makes all 8 come back on it. Just wondering what the fine line of running in 4 cyl mode vs 8 will give you better millage.

I dont know about idle....But have you tried playing with tables {B0950} {B0951} vacuum enable & disable, i played with these tables on my 2008 Silverado and it stays in 4 cyl mode longer even on inclines, sometimes it works when Im towing my trailer(18 ft car hauler)
    I even bumped up the timing a little in table{B5103} AFM High Octane Spark Table
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Actually I don't think it can be used at idle, I think there is a check in there.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
    I dont know about idle....But have you tried playing with tables {B0950} {B0951} vacuum enable & disable, i played with these tables on my 2008 Silverado and it stays in 4 cyl mode longer even on inclines, sometimes it works when Im towing my trailer(18 ft car hauler)
    I even bumped up the timing a little in table{B5103} AFM High Octane Spark Table
    Not yet, I just bought the car last week and girlfriend has been driving it. I was trying to get a baseline on fuel mileage before tuning it but its to hard to keep my foot out of it. I'll probably start messing with in the next day or two. Im sure there is a point where being in 4cyl mode will hurt your mileage. I figured I would just play with it and watch my fuel comsumption on the DIC to see fuel use.

There has to be more AFM tables we dont have access to. I have had the car go out of 4cyl mode and I can not for the life of me find out what table kicked it out.

I have been playing with the setting on it and now I can go 80mph in 4cyl mode. What I dont understand is why it kicks off sometimes, I can't find a single paramiter that made it shut off, what am I over looking? It wasnt speed, had cruise on, wasnt tps, and it wasn't map.

Easy fix, there is a bunch of PID's that show the history of why AFM was disabled plus the current status of why it would not be enabled. There is MANY reasons as you will see from the PID's, some of them not tuneable.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.