Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EGR disable but still have a trouble code

Default EGR disable but still have a trouble code

So i take it that when disableing it with the tunning tool i have to leave the egr valve still pluged in. Is there any way around this, like tricking the pcm connector with some resistance or will i have to keep that chunk of garbage in my truck. Thank you. Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    So i take it that when disableing it with the tunning tool i have to leave the egr valve still pluged in. Is there any way around this, like tricking the pcm connector with some resistance or will i have to keep that chunk of garbage in my truck. Thank you. Eric
    you're probably disabling the function of the EGR, but if you don't disable the codes too you'll still get them if its unplugged. cruize around in the DTC area and set anything related to the EGR to 'not reported' and they should go away and you can take the valve totally off the truck.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

Default thanks Aloicious for the egr info

i thought about the same thing last nite , i only disabled the egr but not the truouble codes it gives when not pluged in , did get my LM2 working with flashscans serial input and it works great and flashed my first tuning mod , so much to learn with efilive , trully a great product, thanks

thanks Aloicious

no problem bro. welcome to the site.

efilive is fun, easily the best mod I've done to my truck.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

Default by the way Aloicious

do you log any wideband controler like the LM2 with your scan tool , you said your truck is a 96 , can you use flashscan V2 , just asking because i have heard of a lot of guys having trouble runing and innovate LC1 cable or an LM2 espeacially when they try to do a O2 sensor calibration from the flashscan unit , mine is working fine but i am doing the sensor calibrations from my LM2 , scared to launch one from the flashscan , maybe this is only a problem related to the LC1 cables , but i do want to get the cables because i want a permenent install, installing the sensors and having the cables run through the window is a pain , wondering if i should get something other than the LC1,s but i think alot has to do with how they are wired concerning the ground and signal grounds , they have to be togeather to the motor , lot of people complaine about the LM2 and i have had no bugs yet with mine , havent been using it long though , just wondering thanks by the way my truck is a 00 silverado single cab long box all black 4x4 7in suspension lift on 35,s 4.8l magnuson sc 3.4in pully , motor is stock except for the rod bolts,comp cam pushrods and 2001 LS6 cam and valve spings, intake and exaust are worked to the max , waiting for my new converter 2800 you might say that the small 4.8l is at its limit with 10lbs of boost, did all myself except for the two mail order tunes from nelson performance, that is why i got efilive ,need to do it myself with time , at the track i can run 12.8 on 4x4 if it is not to hot, i have a 6.0l just waiting to go in , waiting is right would you believe i have had it for two years now , my goal was to tweek the 4.8 and get into the 12,s so i will be installing it this winter , sorry for the lengthy message oh is your snow really that great in Utah love to snowboard

do you log any wideband controler like the LM2 with your scan tool , you said your truck is a 96 , can you use flashscan V2 , just asking because i have heard of a lot of guys having trouble runing and innovate LC1 cable or an LM2 espeacially when they try to do a O2 sensor calibration from the flashscan unit , mine is working fine but i am doing the sensor calibrations from my LM2 , scared to launch one from the flashscan , maybe this is only a problem related to the LC1 cables , but i do want to get the cables because i want a permenent install, installing the sensors and having the cables run through the window is a pain , wondering if i should get something other than the LC1,s but i think alot has to do with how they are wired concerning the ground and signal grounds , they have to be togeather to the motor , lot of people complaine about the LM2 and i have had no bugs yet with mine , havent been using it long though , just wondering thanks by the way my truck is a 00 silverado single cab long box all black 4x4 7in suspension lift on 35,s 4.8l magnuson sc 3.4in pully , motor is stock except for the rod bolts,comp cam pushrods and 2001 LS6 cam and valve spings, intake and exaust are worked to the max , waiting for my new converter 2800 you might say that the small 4.8l is at its limit with 10lbs of boost, did all myself except for the two mail order tunes from nelson performance, that is why i got efilive ,need to do it myself with time , at the track i can run 12.8 on 4x4 if it is not to hot, i have a 6.0l just waiting to go in , waiting is right would you believe i have had it for two years now , my goal was to tweek the 4.8 and get into the 12,s so i will be installing it this winter , sorry for the lengthy message oh is your snow really that great in Utah love to snowboard
    yeah I use an LC-1, its worked good for me so far. my truck is a 96 but its not normal. 96 and 97 aren't even supported by EFILive and the majority of the other tuning suites. I ended up converting it to run on a 2002 LSx 12200411 PCM so I can use efilive, I have V1 currently, along with alot of other modifications. I've never used the LM2 but it seems like it would be a good one. I think you'd like that 6.0 better than the 4.8, if I were you I wouldn't waste my time modding the 4.8 if you've already got the 6.0 waiting to go in. I'm currently working on alot of stuff right now with my truck, so I know how it goes though. The boarders and skiers love the snow out here, its a real dry powdery snow. if you're a big boarder you should come out and try it sometime. I can't stand snow though, I'd really rather move somewhere where it NEVER snows. but thats just me.

Default aloicious

so i will pick up a couple of LC-1,s happy to here that they work fine for you because i have heard alot of bad rap on them but i think alot depends on how they are set up and used, i am from Quebec so i get alot of stuff through summit unless it is very specific , most people around here are pretty old school when it comes to engines , i set up a carburated 6.0l with a gm hot cam with an msd ignition and coil packs for a friend and a lot of people just look at it and say what the hell is that , is runs great in a 81 firebird and yes that 6.0 is just waiting to go in this winter , the truck is parked in the garage in the winter so i will have alot of time, it can be an expensive passion so some things have to wait otherwise i would have the bigest cubed Ls i could put togeather, by the way you must of had a hell of time getting that pcm to work fine in your ride , good work on that wow see ya

so i will pick up a couple of LC-1,s happy to here that they work fine for you because i have heard alot of bad rap on them but i think alot depends on how they are set up and used, i am from Quebec so i get alot of stuff through summit unless it is very specific , most people around here are pretty old school when it comes to engines , i set up a carburated 6.0l with a gm hot cam with an msd ignition and coil packs for a friend and a lot of people just look at it and say what the hell is that , is runs great in a 81 firebird and yes that 6.0 is just waiting to go in this winter , the truck is parked in the garage in the winter so i will have alot of time, it can be an expensive passion so some things have to wait otherwise i would have the bigest cubed Ls i could put togeather, by the way you must of had a hell of time getting that pcm to work fine in your ride , good work on that wow see ya
    yeah there was a big ol debate about the LC1 in another thread. its definantly a consumer quality wideband, and not as acurate as the industrial ones that run $1500+ like the AFM1000, but for hobby tuning it works really well and offers some good features that others don't like being able to do fresh air recalibrations. for the money, I feel its a good WB. you can also check out some others like the NGK AFX, and the PLX. both have good reviews about them.

actually swapping the 2002 PCM into my 96 was pretty easy, basically just re-pinning the PCM connectors, and a few splices. I'm currently working on converting the early OBD2 4x crank signal to a 24x LSx type crank signal and running a distributorless coil near plug setup with some LS2 coils, this will allow full LSx style tunability but on my Gen1e L31 SBC. of course I have other upgrades I have/am doing as well. I call it the "LS31" heh. here's a link to my build thread if you're interested in it.
    http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8757

Default hello

allways fun to do something completely different , that actually works great, not to familliar with the 96 what do you have for motor and did you ever think of going NA instead of SC , knowing what i know now i would have went NA , hate dealing with heat soak even with my two heat exchangers and i dont want to ues alcohol injection because of the corrosive affect it will have on my SC lobes, i would have to multi port it directly in the intake after the SC , i am seriously thinking of that for the 6.0 i guess time and money will tell , thank god we can do all this our selves, lots of savings there and a lot more fun , see you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast