Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone figured out LC1 NB simulation?

Default Has anyone figured out LC1 NB simulation?

I've messed with this thing all morning and it's starting to piss me off. :x I get a mV reading through the PCM, but it doesn't move away from .445~.455mV. Meanwhile, the real NBO2 is reading correctly. I've tried adjusting the LC1 settings w/ high impedence, w/out high impedence, .550mv=14.3 & .350mv=15.1, etc. I can't get it to read anything but .450ish. Is it possibly wired wrong? I've got the analog gound connected to A, analog 1 connected to B, heater ground connected to C, and 12v heater power connected to D. Am I missing something??

Lifetime Member

Assuming you're trying to get the FlashScan reading the AFR and the LC1 supplying narrow band simulation, my reading the LC-1 manual leads me to believe that the wires should be hooked up as follows.

LC1 CAR FlashScan

RED Pin D
    Blue Pin C
    Yellow Pin B
    Brown Pin C or Pin E
    Green Pin A Pin D
    White ECM Ground

I'm assuming a modern LC1, the car is the 4 pin O2 sensor plug and the Flashscan is the 3 pin orange connector.

It's also important to install and check the calibration of the LC1 outputs. I've read their manual a couple of times and I'd guess that they way I've shown it will work first try, but it wouldn't surprise me if I'm slightly off. Just make sure that Analog 1 looks like a narrowband out and Analog 2 looks like a wideband output.

Ira

Lifetime Member

OK, second read of your message after my answer makes me wonder what you did with the white wire from the LC1? Make sure it's connected to a ground close to an ECM ground.

Ira

Both the analog ground (green) and system ground (white) are connected to the middle pin (D) on the Flashscan connector. I was informed by someone on here that the middle pin is connected to the ground under the dash. So, I just connected everything there to maintain 1 common ground.

Lifetime Member

Well, I'd connect the white wire to a real ground like it says, not to the signal ground. I don't expect much, but I'd start with that. Next I'd connect the serial cable from the LC1 to your laptop and see if Logworks claims it's working.

Ira

Well, that's the other problem. I can't get Logworks to see my LC1. I can get EFILive to read the WB analog 2 output. But, no luck with Logworks. :?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I thought I had a problem where, the PC could not "see" my LC-1. Turns out I needed to leave the LC-1 powered up and connected via the serial connector to the PC, with the LC-1 software running (and attempting to connect or search for or whatever it says) for the LC-1 for about 30 seconds before it "found" it.

I have not tried the NB simulation yet, but when I ge my car back in a day or two I will be setting up that exact scenario - so I'll post up my results.

Note: you can hook the LC-1 NB output up to FlashScan's other AD input and log it via FlashScan just to see if the voltage matched the PCM's factory NB voltage. That would be my first step.
    Remember EFIlive's A/D inputs are just digital multimeters with a "logging" option

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Well, that would seem to suggest a problem with the LC1. Have you tried hooking up the LED as recommended in the Manual. Also for kicks, try changing the Yellow and Brown wires and see if the FlashScan still reads correctly, if so then both analog outputs are programmed for WB out and you've found your problem.

Ira

i never could get my nb simul to work for me so please bpost as soon someone gets it going

Ok time to resurect this thread.

I thought my NB sim wasnt working but it turns out the LC-1 default is fully off at 15:1 and fully on at 14:1 whereas the stock ones vary by quite a bit more, like I think 12:1 to 16:1 resolution. This means that the LC-1 doesnt track OEM NB very well.

Has anyone messed with the calibration to set this up right? Im going to do some research today, but was hoping someone has done it.

I need this to work so I can run semi closed loop with custom OS3 while Ross helps me investigate some intermittent issues Im having with commanded AFR not working properly.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast