Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AutoVE am I doint something wrong?

Default AutoVE am I doint something wrong?

I've been trying the AutoVE and no matter what I do, I all of my data is collected in a few cells. I can't seem to spread it out in the MAP. Attached are the tun and the first log I ran. Do I have something wrong in my tun?? I'm using an FJO WB.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It looks fairly well spread out to me.
    Check the map properties to see if the PID units match (psi/kPa)
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

map matches tun.. 2 to 15.2 in the col labels. I figured they were too clustered because almost all of my values are in the 15.2 column but range with the RPMs. I was expecting to see more values in the other columns.

ok, I think i figured out why my logs look so wrong to me. When I opened the Main VE table and cut/paisted the lable values into my map, what I got was:

,2.2,2.9,3.6,4.4,5.1,5.8,6.5,7.3,8.0,8.7,9.4,10.2, 10.9,11.6,12.3,13.1,13.8,14.5,15.2

If I look at the instructions, the labels should be:

,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55,60,65,70,75,80,85,90,9 5,100,105

So whats the deal??? How do I get the tun file to present the VE table with the proper labels?

Oh, never mind. Found it!
    Last edited by hhorton; August 23rd, 2009 at 10:58 AM.

That tables properties are set to imperial.
    You can change it to metric or you can select imperial units for the PID.
    FYI you can mix and match imperial and metric most tables.

Example: {B3605} is linked with MAP and ECT
    MAP can be metric (kPa) and ECT can be imperial (F).
    Your map in the scan tool needs to match the table in the tune tool.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Thanks, I think I have it set where it'll work now. Mains kPa and backup is PSI but at least tun and scan tables match each other.

Do you have any magic recommendations to speed up cell hits? For instance, should I find some nice clear road where I can slowly build up speed and RPM that cover the range from 800 to 4k? I've done a couple of short drives and the cell hit covers allot of the map, but by comparison, only a small amount of the map has adequate hits > 50 so I can use the data.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by hhorton; August 23rd, 2009 at 01:58 PM.

Reduce the empty cell count to say 25.

Quote Originally Posted by hhorton View Post
    Thanks, I think I have it set where it'll work now. Mains kPa and backup is PSI but at least tun and scan tables match each other.

Do you have any magic recommendations to speed up cell hits? For instance, should I find some nice clear road where I can slowly build up speed and RPM that cover the range from 800 to 4k? I've done a couple of short drives and the cell hit covers allot of the map, but by comparison, only a small amount of the map has adequate hits > 50 so I can use the data.

Thanks for your help.
    I tended to do 1K RPM bands each day, ie I would concentrate on the 2-3K band and hold various levels of load on the Brake for as long as my mechanically sympathetic conscious would let me, I only did 1 band per day in order to give my discs/pads a bit of a breather (and a nice long stretch of road helps a lot)

Rgds

Jim
    2000 LS1 M6, No EGR/Air/PS/CATs. TR230 Cam, COS3, OLSD, LC1 Wideband fitted, Procharger P1SC, 2 Bar MAP, Siemans Dekka 60Lb Injectors.
    All wrapped up in a 2000Lb AC Cobra Replica

Word to the wise...focus on the logged data around the middle of the VE cell. The data point you are entering is for the intersection of a given MAP and RPM. Filtering out the stuff inbetween will help you find the more accurate numbers faster.

In other words....if you capture a whole bunch of data in the areas where the PCM is interpolating between 4 cells and you use the averages as your correction factor, it's only going to create a headache for you when you try to dial it in further. Basically, 35kPa @ 2400RPM (centered) is a much better data point than 47kPa @ 3000RPM (not centered).

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon View Post
    Word to the wise...focus on the logged data around the middle of the VE cell. The data point you are entering is for the intersection of a given MAP and RPM. Filtering out the stuff inbetween will help you find the more accurate numbers faster.

In other words....if you capture a whole bunch of data in the areas where the PCM is interpolating between 4 cells and you use the averages as your correction factor, it's only going to create a headache for you when you try to dial it in further. Basically, 35kPa @ 2400RPM (centered) is a much better data point than 47kPa @ 3000RPM (not centered).
    I agree.
    When I do autove now I set the cruise control to the rpm, eg 2000rpm, 2400rpm etc. While you still get a swing of a few rpm it keeps the bulk in the center of the cell. Then I filter out the transients & also within 1 kpa of each map point. It doesnt leave a lot of data but what is left is accurate.
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast