Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pilot Inections..off or on??

Yes I too have disabled all post injections as they are a waste of fuel in the sense that they don't produce much in the way of power and I'm not concerned with the birth defects it will cause in the state of California lmao. I lowered my pilot injections down to 1.0mm3 across the board to save a little fuel but I didn't shut them down completely bc it sounds rough at idle and I like it kinda quiet, also it had a somewhat funky throttle response in my opinion. I was new to EFI about a year or a little more ago so anything I can do to help let me know!
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

i have no pilots or post injections on my LBZ and been that way for a while runs perfect and great just noiser at idle and i think it sounds better going up the road too from the exhaust but i have 5 inch stacks so u might not notice the exhaust sound if u got side exit but i do seem to get better mileage.. but u have to do some timing work when disabling pilots b/c the pilots preheat the cylnders and w/o them it will run like crap unless u advance the timeing. i just done a stock tune w/o pilots for a lmm waiting for him to test it out but my LBZ runs awsome. PM me if u have any questions later man
    2006 Chevy Ext Cab SB 2500 LBZ 4x4 EFI LIVE w/ Turbo brake
    5" stacks egr blocked no kitty 285/70/17 nitto terra grapplers fass pump custom air intake tru trac diff in rear water/meth inj. race fuel valve

2001 Chevy Std cab 12' ultility bed with pipe rack 3500 2wd LB7 with 6 spd manual custom exhaust system and ppe boost increase valve

Duramax ROCKS

Quote Originally Posted by justin123 View Post
    i have no pilots or post injections on my LBZ and been that way for a while runs perfect and great just noiser at idle and i think it sounds better going up the road too from the exhaust but i have 5 inch stacks so u might not notice the exhaust sound if u got side exit but i do seem to get better mileage.. but u have to do some timing work when disabling pilots b/c the pilots preheat the cylnders and w/o them it will run like crap unless u advance the timeing. i just done a stock tune w/o pilots for a lmm waiting for him to test it out but my LBZ runs awsome. PM me if u have any questions later man
    still trying to get this no pilot tune into my truck and test it out
    just been really busy the last little while and since my truck is my money maker the tow tune hasnt left it in over a month thanks justin ill let you guys know how it does as soon as i slow down a bit
    Stock 2006 LBZ

so just set B9301 and B9302 all to 0 and done ?? seems too easy?
    03 single cab work truck LB7- 11.95 @ 113
    06 crew cab lowered Colorado.

Lifetime Member

The best way to adjust pilot and post injection is with the max number of injection pulse table in the fuel pressure folder.

Ive tried turning off both pilot and post injections and doing nothing with timing and it runs like crap. Real rough idle

Josh, If I understand you correctly to remove post injection I would reduce the total number of injection pulses in the fuel pressure folder from 5 to 2?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 0well View Post
    Josh, If I understand you correctly to remove post injection I would reduce the total number of injection pulses in the fuel pressure folder from 5 to 2?
    Yeah you can do that. But there is no way to know for sure that the post injections are the ones that are goin bye bye. so to know for sure set the injection tables to zero. I'm sure there is a table somewhere in the OS code that has the injection event in order of priority, but we don't have access to it. or it might not even be a table and it's hard coded into the OS.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Quote Originally Posted by terryr85 View Post
    Ive tried turning off both pilot and post injections and doing nothing with timing and it runs like crap. Real rough idle
    you have to advance timing or it will run like crap
    2006 Chevy Ext Cab SB 2500 LBZ 4x4 EFI LIVE w/ Turbo brake
    5" stacks egr blocked no kitty 285/70/17 nitto terra grapplers fass pump custom air intake tru trac diff in rear water/meth inj. race fuel valve

2001 Chevy Std cab 12' ultility bed with pipe rack 3500 2wd LB7 with 6 spd manual custom exhaust system and ppe boost increase valve

Duramax ROCKS

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by justin123 View Post
    you have to advance timing or it will run like crap
    in timing table A
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast