Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pilot Inections..off or on??

Default Pilot Inections..off or on??

Can you guys chime in and tell me what are the benefits and or disadvantages of turning off your pilots? I have read some threads on it here and other places and cant quite get ahold of what Im looking to answer. I do understand it will be louder and possibly run rougher than normal. But, is it bad for your injectors? Someone also mentioned that post injection on the LBZ is useless?? Help me understand better...easy...Im new to this tuning stuff!!
    2006 cclb LBZ motor, banks intercooler, bd manifold, sb cold air, 4" straight pipe exhaust, resonator mod, transgo jr, edge insight monitor, EFI LIVE, Fabtech 6" lift, 18" rockstars on 35" toyo oc mt's

Dont think it would be bad for the injectors its just opening for one less interval. Post injection is used mainly for emissions. IIRC It is designed to reduces nox gasses. I have noticed that the truck sounds a little throatier with the post injection disabled.
    07 El Bee Zee
    Little faster than stock...

Ok...thinking back, arent there only 2 tables for post injection?? Would I just zero these out? As far as emissions go, that means it will smell more at idle if I turn off the post injection? A mileage tune I downloaded off of DP has the P.I. turned off and I wondered what benefit this would be to mileage.
    2006 cclb LBZ motor, banks intercooler, bd manifold, sb cold air, 4" straight pipe exhaust, resonator mod, transgo jr, edge insight monitor, EFI LIVE, Fabtech 6" lift, 18" rockstars on 35" toyo oc mt's

Thats correct just zero them out. I havent noticed any more smell. Yes it would benefit mileage a bit. Since it is used after the expansion, it is basically wasting fuel.
    07 El Bee Zee

Ok I'll do that..sounds like you have yours turned off already. If you have a minute when tooling around, will you list the table #'s for me...and are there others to change or only the ones dealing with post injection? Sorry to ask so many questions...Im so anxious to get more knowledgeable with this programming. I usually get head over heels with anything for my vehicles!!

Tables are B9301 and B9302. Asking questions is always welcomed here, its a great way to learn new things
    07 El Bee Zee

Would you do anything with B9201 and B9202? (post inj. #1 quantity and coolant adjust?)

Negative, since they are already zeroed out
    07 El Bee Zee

Cool...thanks Dmaxhawk...I will try this tomorrow! Signing off for dream land!! Take care man!

Let me know how it goes. You too man
    07 El Bee Zee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast