Thread: PO601

Default PO601

Anyone have information as to what causes this and how to resolve it?

Most people just say to replace the PCM, but what causes it?

PCM has detected a checksum error in the Flash or the ETC system has detected a major fault and the PCM will shut down.

You can only fix it by removing / resetting the Flash chip, or a new PCM, it's not good news when it happens. It's much worse when it happens on a 1998 PCM......don't ask me how I know that :cry:

Now, the question I am not sure I want the answer to, do you have a PCM in that state?.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yes I do (not my car thank god) Paul replied on LS1-tech to another one of my threads. Thanks guys!!

There were some issues with the fuel system that are resolved now. But I just wnted to make sure, or try to anyway, that anything that may have caused it was fixed before putting in a new PCM.

Would (could) a electriacl componet such as a over stressed fuel pump cause anything like that?

I know when you start placing a higher load or demand on any circuit it can play hell in everything. This car had to have a fp that was working doubble time since it had no scrader valve in the pump and the regulator was stuck open.