Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Error in my tune-$100 to find it for someone

Lifetime Member

That has to be a rev limiter!!

Why dont I give you the tune for my dragster and just copy over your fuel only tables and see what happens? Nothing but the fuel tables.....

Lee
    Attached Files Attached Files

230" Dragster - 2000 LS1, 02020003 Speed Density, PRC 2.5 Heads,
    MS3 Cam 237/242 .603/.609, Vic Jr. intake, Holley 1000CFM TB,
    PowerGlide, 5000 stall converter. 8.70@154 MPH

My Projects Homepage: http://www.horsepowerracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by LS1_Dragster View Post
    That has to be a rev limiter!!

Why dont I give you the tune for my dragster and just copy over your fuel only tables and see what happens? Nothing but the fuel tables.....

Lee
    I knew it.....everybody that listens to the vid will say rev limiter

I'm really glad you gave me your tune. When it quits raining I'll give it a try. Haven't looked yet but what size injectors are you running?
    2002 Chevy truck, SCSB 2WD, Stroked LS3 w/Big Mutha Thumper cam
    2002SS Camaro LS7/427 with stock suspension setup
    2012 Chevy truck, SCSB 2WD, Magnaflow exhaust + K&N

Lifetime Member

I still think the computer is going into some weird mode like protection mode or something and is limiting your RPM's. I really hope that this tune will work for you, obviously the fuel segment will need to be changed but the rest should work OK for you.

The injectors are Accel 36# @ 45# fuel pressure.

I hope it stops raining soon!

I keep forgetting tunes dont work on all computers, I'm not sure if you can actually use mine or not...

FWIW, I get my 0411 computers from the wrecking yard for $40, I dont know if there are any advantages for you or not....Also, why not upgrade to a custom OS?
    Last edited by LS1_Dragster; August 28th, 2009 at 07:35 AM.

Why is there a big step in the timing table at 1gm/Cyl?

The initial log and tune shows that you are reaching 1.08gm/cyl which should be commanding 21' timing, not the 24' logged. I'm still thinking that it's something else ( though it does sound like the limiter ). Here's the kicker.... The Engine Protection Mode timing is set at 24' ( B5912 ). That matches the logged timing so I'm going to say that's the first place to look.

You are locked on 24' timing from 4,000 RPM all the up through 6,000 RPM. I was thinking that it may be oil pressure related, but you have all the DTC's turned off. If it's like the MAF DTC's then the PCM should ignore the oil pressure codes and not go into protection mode. I'd rather see them turned on though, unless you have some other method of monitoring oil pressure. I'd like to at least see oil pressure in a log to confirm it's OK when hot.

So my call is "Engine Protection", just need to work out why. Actually, you could confirm it by altering the timing in B5912 and seeing if the timing values match in a WOT run. Oh, and I'd fix that spark table as well.

Simon.

Edit: I take it you have scanned for DTC's ?

Well spotted Simon.
    I had a quick look through an ls7 tune & couldnt find a table for oil pressure v rpm. There is the possability that the ls7 runs lower oil pressure at those rpms, tripping the mode with the ls1 settings but I cant confirm this.
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by LS1_Dragster View Post
    I still think the computer is going into some weird mode like protection mode or something and is limiting your RPM's. I really hope that this tune will work for you, obviously the fuel segment will need to be changed but the rest should work OK for you.

The injectors are Accel 36# @ 45# fuel pressure.

I hope it stops raining soon!

I keep forgetting tunes dont work on all computers, I'm not sure if you can actually use mine or not...

FWIW, I get my 0411 computers from the wrecking yard for $40, I dont know if there are any advantages for you or not....Also, why not upgrade to a custom OS?
    99-04 PCM's are the same. I just did a full reflash and your tune is in. First wierd thing was with my VE table and injector flow rate it was real lean idling and revving (still raining-can't drive it). 10 minutes on the wide band and it follows commanded, idles great and revs so hard you would think it's going to sling the planetary out of the powerglide.

Another thing to note is in the COS3 you use, the open loop commanded table follows rpm and MAP instead of ECT and MAP. I believe this going to make a big difference. Maybe tomorrow will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Why is there a big step in the timing table at 1gm/Cyl?

The initial log and tune shows that you are reaching 1.08gm/cyl which should be commanding 21' timing, not the 24' logged. I'm still thinking that it's something else ( though it does sound like the limiter ). Here's the kicker.... The Engine Protection Mode timing is set at 24' ( B5912 ). That matches the logged timing so I'm going to say that's the first place to look.

You are locked on 24' timing from 4,000 RPM all the up through 6,000 RPM. I was thinking that it may be oil pressure related, but you have all the DTC's turned off. If it's like the MAF DTC's then the PCM should ignore the oil pressure codes and not go into protection mode. I'd rather see them turned on though, unless you have some other method of monitoring oil pressure. I'd like to at least see oil pressure in a log to confirm it's OK when hot.

So my call is "Engine Protection", just need to work out why. Actually, you could confirm it by altering the timing in B5912 and seeing if the timing values match in a WOT run. Oh, and I'd fix that spark table as well.

Simon.

Edit: I take it you have scanned for DTC's ?
    I had already guessed it was running timing based on the b5912 table at WOT but can't find anything that triggers it. I assume massive air flow is doing it but can't find anything to change and stop it. Car has a full set of Autometer guages to monitor things. I try to stay on top of DTC's, just can't do anything with PO102 MAF code, won't run without it.

Lifetime Member

It should run much better and easier to tune. Also look at B3647, this is where you will command your AFR. Also, use A0008 for your cold startup, increase these numbers so your not so lean at start up.

Lifetime Member

Our dragster revs like no tomorrow too, it sound much meaner then it really is! I'm putting on a vortech supercharger this winter, it should make the dragster even more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    Well spotted Simon.
    I had a quick look through an ls7 tune & couldnt find a table for oil pressure v rpm. There is the possability that the ls7 runs lower oil pressure at those rpms, tripping the mode with the ls1 settings but I cant confirm this.
    My setup is a wet sump. Pressure holds at 45 idling and 60+ above 2000 rpm's. Low oil pressure is a check guages warning only. Some models interlock low oil level with fuel pump. Mine does not.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast