Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New updated 2010 Camaro tune file?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by RonC View Post
    Mine is the 12633056 OS. Does anyone have a file of any of the others? Do the manuals have different OS's? I guess no one has a "late" OS file?

I kept the hi/lo tables the same when I was working on the 91 oct or 87 oct tunes. I did the 91 tune first and when I finished tuning for 87, I then put the 91 table back in it's place. It really runs well on 87, even better than stock with 91. 93 oct. is not available here.

I have read that there are updates available but they hook up the car to their database to get them and GM can tell if the ECM has been re-flashed as it keeps records of sorts. Mine would not match up with theirs, I'm sure. I am going to leave the sleeping dog alone on this one.
    Yes sleeping dogs are best left sleeping .

I checked an old log. Octane scaler learned down by about 8-10% in 10 minutes, even with up to 6deg of KR during that time. Also 2% down in 6 seconds: while accelerating vigourously. So the rate is not slow.

The challenge with letting the scaler do the management vs getting timing right is that it conservatively overshoots.

A link from someone else re new Camaro convertibles at Holden led to this info re slow L99's on www.camaro5.com Seems to be well documented, though looks like some less than accurate info re octane scaling with different gas.

We've only seen Camaro's using either 12633056 or 12635863, the others may not have made it out in the wild, or where updated at the dealer before delivery.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Yes sleeping dogs are best left sleeping .

I checked an old log. Octane scaler learned down by about 8-10% in 10 minutes, even with up to 6deg of KR during that time. Also 2% down in 6 seconds: while accelerating vigourously. So the rate is not slow.

The challenge with letting the scaler do the management vs getting timing right is that it conservatively overshoots.

A link from someone else re new Camaro convertibles at Holden led to this info re slow L99's on www.camaro5.com Seems to be well documented, though looks like some less than accurate info re octane scaling with different gas.

That's why I worked up the low oct. table to have no KR on 87 so it shouldn't go below that in "theory". Is that correct thinking or am I off somewhere? It seems to work ok so far but we'll see. Thanks for the info on the scalar, it helps to understand it better.

Any other thoughts on why the Camaro reset works?

Ross, BTW is 12635863 a new auto OS or is it for the manual or do both use the same OS? Share a copy? Inquiring minds, you know.
    2014 Silverado 4X4 6.2L
    2010 Camaro 2SS-RS L99
    2007 Sierra Denali 6.2L
    2005 1500HD 4X4 Quadrasteer 6.0L, COS3 SD

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by RonC View Post

Any other thoughts on why the Camaro reset works?
    The GM approach seems to be that it needs to be done with a TechII, so not sure on what additional "features" this would bring to the picture, apart from maybe they are revising the calibration or simply following published process to ensure consistency and also to read freeze frame data for the record.

If misfires are being detected, from memory this may drop back to the low table, or limit power in some way. But would expect stories of DTC's then too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12