Thread: 2010 Camaro ECM Flash Counter?

Default 2010 Camaro ECM Flash Counter?

I just ran across this on another forum posted by a business offering undetectable tuning for the new Camaro. I wasn't sure about posting all of it but this part I haven't seen posted anywhere.

We do know for certain though that the E38 ECM in the Camaro does not have a flash counter. It is the same ECM as the 2009.5 GXP ......... and returning your calibration to stock will not log in the ECM.
    Does anyone else know for certain that this is correct?
    2014 Silverado 4X4 6.2L
    2010 Camaro 2SS-RS L99
    2007 Sierra Denali 6.2L
    2005 1500HD 4X4 Quadrasteer 6.0L, COS3 SD

This has been beat to death with the Duramax guys except the Bosch ECM in them is very smart and keeps track of part numbers and CVN's that have been programmed in. Having said that, the E38 could do it, don't be surprised if one day the feature comes to life.

Maybe what they are referring to is the correction of the CVN to standard even when the ECM is tuned, of course EFILive used to offer that function, but we had to pull it out.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross even if the CVNs have been corrected to standard, the checksums are not the same. I have seen checksums listed as a parameter in older PCMs. Can checksums in the new style ECM, TCM modules be read as in scan data?
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

EFILive was able to correct each segment so it appeared to be untouched. GM are relying on the CVN to detect tuning, not the simple checksum (though I think we fixed that too). It's a tricky multistep process, if you change one it changes the other.
    But unfortunately when company 'x' is not smart enough to do it themselves then they feel the need to kill the party for everybody else. There is a couple of mail order tuning companies still offering 'stealth' tunes.
    We just added in to the V2 the function to read the programming history on the LBZ/LMM which includes the CVN's. I'm sure we can also view the CVN on the new computers as well, though it's not a function we currently have.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ok, I think I understand.

Thank you all for the education I continue to receive here at "EFILive U."

Ron
    2014 Silverado 4X4 6.2L
    2010 Camaro 2SS-RS L99
    2007 Sierra Denali 6.2L
    2005 1500HD 4X4 Quadrasteer 6.0L, COS3 SD

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    But unfortunately when company 'x' is not smart enough to do it themselves then they feel the need to kill the party for everybody else.
    Wow I didn't hear about that one. Those sooking bastards. I presume it was HPT and that they informed GM and GM threatened with legal charges.

Of course one could always release an open source application that happens to coloborate with the EFI LIVE software but of course is not linked to the company in any way shape or form.

As I understand it, with the E38 in Corfvettes, CVN tracking is not activated and tunes can be restored with no tell tale signs, is this correct?

The reason I ask is that someone on the Corvette froum who works at a Chevy dealership has a tuned C6 Z06. He asked a tech to reflash his car to stock and either CVN or checksums did not match up. Can this be right in regards to C6 E38 combination or coudl his results have been an issue with not restoring the original tune?

I see Ross' comments about E38 having the capability to track changes, but not currently active. I am just trying to figure out what would ahve caused a stock restore to not restore the CVN/checksum.

TIA.
    2015 Z06 A8