Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No ETC after upgrade

Default No ETC after upgrade

Help>PCM Licensing> Commercial but No ETC table in Enginge Calibration.
    I have Abuse, EGR, Engine Protection, Engine Torque, Idle etc. I've open every thing, no can find.
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

Lifetime Member

Default Re: No ETC after upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by curtbriggs
    I have Abuse, EGR, Engine Protection, Engine Torque, Idle etc. I've open every thing, no can find.
    I think your cable needs to be plugged in to your computer/laptop.

Cheers,
    joel

Default Re: No ETC after upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by bink
    I think your cable needs to be plugged in to your computer/laptop.

Cheers,
    joel
    That was Instruction #1 on the instructions to upgrade list. And I attached the little black thingie to the end of it. :lol:
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The FlashScan cable must be connected prior to starting the Tuning Tool software.

So basically after you have upgraded it, you need to close the EFILive Tuning Software (which will still be under the personal license) and then restart it to activate the Commercial license.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    The FlashScan cable must be connected prior to starting the Tuning Tool software.

So basically after you have upgraded it, you need to close the EFILive Tuning Software (which will still be under the personal license) and then restart it to activate the Commercial license.

Regards
    Paul
    I had done that, so I thought I'd shut down the laptop, reattach the cable and the flashscan and restart the tune program. I couldn't open V7.3 Tune or Scan, some of the 7.3 files were dropped.
    BTW, I sent you a email about 7.3, after I installed it, I read my PCM with it. However, all the information downloaded from the PCM is not what I flashed with V7.2.2.
    The injector fuel flow rates are all 900.0000 Lbs/Hour, the engine starts and runs fine so these impossible to obtain readings are just that. I Read the PCM two times with the same results.
    Torque management has changed from 639 to 472. Desired Idle Speeds are just slightly changed from a straight 950 to a sliding scale 1075 to 897.

Lifetime Member

Sounds like you cal files are out of date. What version is your cal files the latest is 7.70
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    Sounds like you cal files are out of date. What version is your cal files the latest is 7.70
    Dirk are you still making Movies? I saw you in "Boogie Nights" last week. I like your style, but you were younger then. Heh, heh, heh,

I just finished reloading V7.3 again and it now loads. I'll have to read my PCM to see if ETC is there. As the navigator is blank.

How do you find the version of the cal files? I just down loaded V7.2.2 and V7.3. Calibrations, properties shows Oct 5. I know that not what you want. I just don't know how to get it.

I have a new Dell laptop which is much faster then the Sony I was using. It does some strange things. When in Explorer and high lighting folders, some times when you move the cursor in starts dragging the folder. Like the right click button is sticking, I've had folders disappear. I have to really watch what I'm doing.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

BTW, I sent you a email about 7.3, after I installed it, I read my PCM with it.
    Hi Curt,
    I meant to respond, sorry.

The cal files may be out of date. You should see V7.7 (or higher) dated October 04, 2005 (or later) in the "PCM Details" window when EFILive Tuning Tool first start up and a *.tun file is loaded.

There is also a file called "eng_units.txt" that should exist in the folder:
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7\Calibrations
    Does it exist? If so, try renaming it to x.txt and restart EFILive. That way EFILive will work from it's internal eng_units data instead of the contents of that file - which may be damaged.

Also, can you please send me your *.tun file that shows the 900 for the IFR.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Dirk are you still making Movies? I saw you in "Boogie Nights" last week. I like your style, but you were younger then. Heh, heh, heh,
    Thats great!!! Sorry to hijack your thread but that is funny.

Lifetime Member

I have a new Dell laptop which is much faster then the Sony I was using. It does some strange things. When in Explorer and high lighting folders, some times when you move the cursor in starts dragging the folder. Like the right click button is sticking, I've had folders disappear. I have to really watch what I'm doing.
    Go to control panel/mouse and turn off "tap and drag" and click by tapping. Those drive me crazy too until I turn them off.

Ira

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast