Thread: Missing PID for LBZ?

Default Missing PID for LBZ?

Hey guys,
    Let me first start by saying that I have downloaded V8 (but currently still using my V7.5.5 until V8 is fully updated to imperial) and last I knew was totally updated until about 2 months ago and since then I've not been able to get the downloads bc we just moved to a new home and just got the net hooked up but all we can get is dial up and my laptop doesn't have a connection port for a standard phone line... but have the updates been made to change the PID's to imperial yet? And when I connect my scan tool to my ecm and select the PID file it says something about .pmm has incorrect CRC or something to that effect, not sure what that means?

Okay now on to my main question...didn't the LBZ have the PID capable of measuring actual boost not just desired boost, or boost+baro pressure? I thought there was a PID that calculated actual boost pressure as shown on a boost gauge in which the Baro pressure was subtracted out. But now it doesn't function on my V7.5.5 scan tool. It only has the PID that corresponds to the ECM desired boost tables which include Baro pressure.

The reason I ask is bc I have a boost gauge from Dakota Digital and it's not calibrated right...I'm on my third sending unit and second gauge and they still can't get it right so I was wanting to show them some screen shots from EFI live against their gauge's reading. When I power the gauge with the engine off it gives a reading of 14psi (should be 0psi) which means it's detecting Baro pressure somehow bc my scan tool at that time displays 14.1 as the barometric pressure. When I start the truck and rev it up to about 1500rpm in park the gauge reads around 16psi of boost, but it SHOULD be reading 2psi of boost bc the 14psi of barometric pressure shouldn't be included in the reading of an aftermarket gauge. At that rate my gauge would read 35psi of boost on a stock turbo and stock tune...you see my frustrations? lol
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

IIRC, I dont think the LBZ shows actual boost. I have the same problem
    07 El Bee Zee
    Little faster than stock...

Lifetime Member

It's a DMA pid "BOOST2_DMA" or BOOST2_M for BBL
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

You need to create a Calc-PID for that.

"{GM.BOOST2_DMA.psi}-{SAE.BARO.psi}"
    2011 LML 3500HD CC D/A 4x4
    2006 LBZ 3500 CC D/A 4x4 Sold
    2001 LB7 2500HD D/A 4x4 Sold

Lifetime Member

Oh yeah i always forget about that! hahaha Because i have in BBL the custome units set to subtract 14.5 psi automatically. whoops.
    Last edited by bballer182; September 1st, 2009 at 11:08 AM.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME