Thread: New to site, Impressed with the people.

Thumbs up New to site, Impressed with the people.

I'm currently in the market for a tuning/scan tool. I have a 04 Commemorative Editon Z06 and 91 GMC Syclone that I'm planning on doing a LSx conversion.

I just wanted to get on here and say that THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM ARE AWSOME. I've been searching and reading on both this forum and the HPtuners forum and the hptuners guys seem like real a$$ holes. Newbies asking questions there seems like it is not aloud. It seems like all they want to do is sell their own products and keep people from learning how to tune. Like tuning is They had to start somewere. Asking questions and reading up on different forums.

Just wanted to vent a little.

Thanks to everyone that has pitched in their two cents in the past for newbies like me to search and read about.

I've decided that when I do invest in a tuning tool that it is going to be EFI live. Because of the forum support and the free use of the custom OS's. HP tuners charges 2 credits ($100.00) per PCM every time one wants to use their custom OS's.

Cheers,
    David

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Welcome David:

Yea every site has their 'quirks' (not this one), but I know exactly what you are talking about.

A lot of times when a 'newbie' asks a question, as long as you preface it with 'I did a search, read the tutorials', and are willing to post a log and tune, you will great responses. Even if you don't follow that recipe, you will still get help.

Whatever you do, stick with it. Welcome aboard.
    Last edited by WeathermanShawn; February 9th, 2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Grammer
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Lifetime Member

Welcome man, Ive had EFILive for 3.5 years now and am still learning! Tuning an oddball controller first has a lot to do with that plus not having much time or money being a now college junior makes up the rest. But fear not, I will conquer the E67/T42 combo in my modern Syclone (actually a Typhoon as its an SUV not a pickup)! Yes the TBSS is the last and only GM SUV to get the LS2 and another will most likely never be made with emissions and everything now.

Good luck, and if you need help just ask!

What LSx are you dropping in your Sy? And why, the V6 in those make them a Sy/Ty IMO and so sweeeet!!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.