Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V1 - is mine broken?

Default V1 - is mine broken?

When I connect to my PC all the LEDs flash sequentially then the MEM light flashes rapidly. I understand that this means a full memory. The Scan software version 7.5 doesn't see the black box connected through the USB. I have installed the USB driver and it appears in my hardware configuration.

When I connect to the car (DLC) all the lights flash repeated EXCEPT the PCM and LOG LEDs. I am no longer able to log data but strangely I was able to flash the last changes to my pcm. I won't try doing that again with the V1 acting like this.

It appears the V1 went into the current condition while I was data logging for an undetermined period of time. In other words, I was logging for a good while. I was busy getting used to my wideband LM-1 and just let the V1 do its thing. The V1 and LM-1 are in no way connected.

Is my V1 broken? I have used it very little - what should I do?
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - GM LS6 H/C
    EFILive FlashScan V1 - 7.5.6 (Build 133)

With V1 connected to PC and not to vehicle, can you connect to V1 at all...?

I notified Tech Support.

Lifetime Member

If you connect the V1 to the PC, open the tune tool and go to Help/V1 PCM licensing, can you see the Serial Number and the available PCM slots?

Ira

Yes, I can view the Serial and Authentication codes. I can see how many times I have flashed with it (4) and I see the available licenses left. But I can do nothing else. I can't access the memory to clear it nor can I view any data stored within and the LOG function doesn't respond when connected the vehicle ALDL.

Thanks for your replies!

Are these the steps you followed:
    - disconnect from vehicle,
    - connect to PC,
    - start scantool,
    - do File->Connect,
    - do FlashScan->Read Logged Data From FlashScan;

post a screenshot of the resulting screen.

A friend from LS1Tech told me to give him a call and it is now sorted out. Just as your message tells me to do - I connected, chose the appropriate controller and then from the FlashScan tab I selected "Program Selected PIDs in FlashScan" from that control page I chose "Clear". The memory was then erased and the flashing MEM led went off. I'm pretty certain my V1 will work now.

Now for one question that I hope not to offend anyone. What is the logic to clearing the PIDs in order to remove the logs from memory???

Thanks.

If you pressed Clear, then that clears the log(s)... is this what you did (it should not have cleared the pids).

If you pressed Reset, then that clears log(s) and pids.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V1 Control Panel.png 
Views:	245 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	6128  

I just pressed "Clear" (I hope). While on the phone, I had tried several things but I don't believe I tried "Reset". Looking at the PIDs Control Panel I still see "24" in the PIDs box. "Estimated Performance" shows 528K.

However, when I select "Read logged Data from the FlashScan" I get the following error dialog: "Incorrect checksum detected in FlashScan Memory- Please reset FlashScan and retry data capture". When I select OK the PIDs tab shows nothing. The Status tab shows 66 PIDs currently programmed into FlashScan. Under "Read logged data from FlashScan" the bottom memory usage status bar is still full of green rectangles.

Update: I didn't realize the memory test MUST make several passes to complete or the memory is left corrupted. I can see the test writes non zero values. Apparently I interrupted the test while getting help on the phone and when I selected "Stop" the memory was full of those non zero entries and the pointer was still set to the end. I selected "Test" again and left the room this time. Upon returning the test had completed and reported that the memory was "OK". Now my programmed PIDs are gone and the memory usage status bar is clear. It looks like a clean slate. Maybe a "Don't Interrupt" or "PIDs must be reprogrammed after test" warning would be helpful when selecting the memory test.

When I bought the V1 I didn't own a laptop so blackbox recording was a necessity. I own a laptop now - so I won't rely on the blackbox memory to hold the logs any longer. Apparently I'm getting myself into trouble with the internal storage.

I'm still wondering if anyone else has gotten confused by the function of clearing the logs residing in the "Program Selected PIDs" section. It just seems like a strange a place, not where I would expect to find it. I need to dedicate some time to reading the manual again.

Thanks again for your help.

IIRC
    after testing the memory the PIDs will be cleared,
    so you will need to reload them.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Yes, I've done that but after connecting to the vehicle the V1 can no longer log to the laptop or itself. This is disappointing....

I've generated a bug report and am hoping tech support will answer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast