Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V1 - is mine broken?

Quote Originally Posted by 01Z View Post
    Yes, I've done that but after connecting to the vehicle the V1 can no longer log to the laptop or itself. This is disappointing....

I've generated a bug report and am hoping tech support will answer.
    What exactly do you see...?

Lifetime Member

So the obvious tests.

With the laptop and the EFILive attached to the car, can you check for trouble codes? If so, can you see the RPM on the EFILive dashboard?

Ira

Well, I spent 20 minutes describing everything and thought to look things over again. I had thought that the selected PIDs were programmed into the cable but apparently not. Once I did that; the logging began. It kept kicking off and I would need to restart the logging but I guess the default of 600 frames doesn't last very long, just a minute or so with my 22 PIDs.

The funny part of all of this is how the cable acts when the memory is full or the PIDs are missing. For instance, the progress bar would go 1/3 across and stop. In about 30 seconds it would disappear and I would get some message. I can't remember now what it was but at some point and place I was found the possible causes for the error. It had to do with a poor connection and to check the cable and look for bent pins etc. It turns out once again that I don't know what I am doing. There's a lot here and I haven't grasp the tenth of it. Thank you for your replies.

I've only used my V1 twice. LOL
    From the manual
    Max frames per log can be set so that after a
    specified number of frames have been logged,
    FlashScan will automatically stop logging.
    This is useful for drag strip passes.
    You could set the number of frames to 600,
    which at 10 frames per second will log data for 1 minute.
    Setting this parameter to zero means FlashScan will not stop logging
    until it either runs out of memory or until you press the
    Start/Stop data Logging button on the FlashScan interface.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Yeah, that's a help. I go swimming through that manual and come up gasping for air.

Setting the frames to zero would be good I think if it all goes to the laptop. I'm gun shy now because of my recent experience of filling the memory - not understanding the basics like connecting, having PIDs saved to the cable etc.. If not for a phone call to a place far away I'd be boxing the V1 up awaiting an RMA.

I'm going to guess that logging to the laptop is as easy as pressing a red ball at bottom of the display.

As for using this tool, I think you're on the average. I would suppose when I get the car tuned my V1 will gather some dust. I'm thinking the guys that tune for fun and profit would have all the answers but they're too busy to peruse the forums very often after they have gotten the big picture. Anyway, thanks for pointing me to that bit of information.
    Last edited by 01Z; September 7th, 2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: adding worthless content
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - GM LS6 H/C
    EFILive FlashScan V1 - 7.5.6 (Build 133)

Quote Originally Posted by 01Z View Post
    I'm going to guess that logging to the laptop is as easy as pressing a red ball at bottom of the display.
    You are correct.

Actually, because it was the first time connecting since the cable had been cleared of logs and PIDs due to the memory full situation and that it was connected to my laptop while being connected to the car; EFILive Scan prompted me for the controller's OS. I didn't know it off hand so I had to close that dialog. Then I was asked for the controller type; that I did know. Answering that, Scan automagically found the OS and answered its own first question. I then had to select a list of PIDs after the cable queried the PCM. The next step was to validate and save them to the cable.

THEN all I had to do was press the RED or YELLOW ball at the bottom of the application. LOL.

But not all is well. Even now in my list of supported PIDs, INJDC1 and INJDC2 have mysteriously become unsupported and invalidated. Can I assume I need to clear the cable and let it search for supported PIDs once again??

Thanks

Are the prerequisite PIDs selected as well?
    IBPW1, IBPW2 and RPM
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Are the prerequisite PIDs selected as well?
    IBPW1, IBPW2 and RPM
    That fixed it and you're brilliant! mr.prick

How can I learn more about the prerequisite PIDs or is it just a common sense thing??

Excellent help here; next thing you know I'll be reading the manual - thank you!

To see a pids prerequiste pids, do rightclick->More Info.

Also, press the red button (record)... the yellow button (monitor) is not as useful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast