Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ERROR CODE 0280 not conntected

Quote Originally Posted by Black6spdZ View Post
    Is this a common occurrence and failure with the V2s? I have just bought a used V2 with the same problem, $0280 no vehicle detected and my firends V2 works no problem with the same cable.

So I just did a full format and made sure it was updated with latest firmware. Uploaded E35A scan and tune files to it and nothing else. Get the same $0280 when attempting to scan valid E35A PID list. Next I tried to read tune and injector data and get $0281 error. So is this box fried? What does it cost to fix?

Update, passthrough does not detect ecm either.
    Does V8 Scan&Tune see your V2...?

yes, every part of it operates normal connected to USB, its only when I try to connect it to the ECM that it has this problem. I've been using a friends FS v2 for years with no problem.. nothing new to me. I'm pretty sure its a hardware problem.. possibly the CAN transceiver like mentioned earlier in this thread. I've talked to SoCal and mailed it off yesterday to repair.

Ok...mine started acting up again and giving me the same error when I attempt to plug into my E67's (in vehicle or benchtop). However there is no issue when plugging into my LS1 PCM in my '99 Silverado (as advised by Lorenzo at SoCal). Additionally, I notice that when I unplug the OBD/ECM port-side of the cable from the V2 (keeping the USB side plugged in), the V2 reboots. I also have the latest firmware and software updates.

It seems there is a problem with the OBD port side, but apparently only with E67. Is this a software or hardware problem that requires me to send it to SoCal?
    Trailblazer "RS" 5.3L 6L80 4x4 & '07 TBSS LS2 6L90 AWD

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
    Ok...mine started acting up again and giving me the same error when I attempt to plug into my E67's (in vehicle or benchtop). However there is no issue when plugging into my LS1 PCM in my '99 Silverado (as advised by Lorenzo at SoCal). Additionally, I notice that when I unplug the OBD/ECM port-side of the cable from the V2 (keeping the USB side plugged in), the V2 reboots. I also have the latest firmware and software updates.

It seems there is a problem with the OBD port side, but apparently only with E67. Is this a software or hardware problem that requires me to send it to SoCal?
    THe V2 device will always reboot when the OBDII plug is disconnected while the USB cable remains connected, that is normal.

THe LS1 controller communicates with FlashScan using the VPW protocol. The E67 controller communicates with FlashScan using the CAN protocol. Both of thos protocols are routed through different hardware circuits on FlashScan. It is quite likely that the CAN circuit has a failed transceiver chip, while the VPW circuit continues to operate normally. If that is the case, then it needs to be sent back to SoCal for repair. Before you do, (to rule out the possibility that your E67 is not faulty) make sure you've tried to connect to at least two different CAN based vehicles. Most 2005+ model years are CAN based.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Default ERROR CODE 0280 not conntected

I had the same problem.

Mine would work on my LB7 (VPW). But anytime I would hook up to a CAN (Cummins) circuit it would give me the same code.

When I would store my V2 I kept all the cords connected and wrapped them around the V2. Well 7+ years of doing that made the two pins inside the V2 bend down and not touch the connector were the CAN communicate. I believe the left ones.

Look on the bottom of the V2 were the Ethernet end connects too and make sure all the pins are at the same height.

I took a super small screw driver and bent them up and I have not had any troubles since.

I don't have any pics on my phone but can help you out of you have any ?s.

I would like to get the word out that when you store your V2 Disconnect ALL cables. Do not keep them connected. Our V2 are getting older and we will continue to see more and more of this.

Good advice.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobxr50 View Post
    I would like to get the word out that when you store your V2 Disconnect ALL cables. Do not keep them connected. Our V2 are getting older and we will continue to see more and more of this.
    Agreed, its in the quick start guide on the CD that ships with each FlashScan device.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FSV2_Care.png 
Views:	234 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	18367

In other news, FlashScan V3 (no release date yet) does not use RJ12 or RJ45 style connectors. It uses more robust connectors for OBDII, Serial and CAN connections.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123