Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ERROR CODE 0280 not conntected

Try this:

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Error $0280: Unsupported protocol (i.e. no vehicle detected)

Cause:
    FlashScan or AutoCal could not detect a valid OBD protocol.

Action:
    Check all cables and connections.
    Make sure ignition is turned on to the run position.
    Make sure the vehicle is supported by EFILive.

Some more things to try:
    Turn ignition on first, wait 10 seconds, then connect FlashScan.
    Press Ctrl+OK 2 or 3 times per second until you see the VPW-XX or CAN-XX in the lower right corner of the FlashScan display. (Where XX is the number of detected controllers).

Try FlashScan in a different vehicle. If it still fails then maybe there is a problem with the OBDII cable or with FlashScan itself.

Regards
    Paul

Paul. Thanks, but I tried in vehicle and on bench ECM. Using CTRL +OK did nothing (holding CTRL, then hitting OK nor pressing both together 2,3,4,5 times). It just stays on main screen. I used two different OBDII cables.
    Trailblazer "RS" 5.3L 6L80 4x4 & '07 TBSS LS2 6L90 AWD

So it does not work on other vehicles either...?

Have you tried another USB cable...?
    Is the OBD cable ok/undamaged...?

Sounds like it's fried (do you know what may have led to this)...?

Where are you located...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    So it does not work on other vehicles either...?

Have you tried another USB cable...?
    Is the OBD cable ok/undamaged...?

Sounds like it's fried (do you know what may have led to this)...?

Where are you located...?
    I was trying to benchtop program a T43 module and discovered that the power cord I had was a 1.25 Amp, rather than 2.5A so I now suspect that the power draw on it and possible disconnect or power down of the benchtop harness may have caused a kick back or spike in power.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
    Paul. Thanks, but I tried in vehicle and on bench ECM. Using CTRL +OK did nothing (holding CTRL, then hitting OK nor pressing both together 2,3,4,5 times). It just stays on main screen. I used two different OBDII cables.
    Can you communicate with the device from the EFILive V8 software via the USB connection? I.e. can you select the F7 Licensing option and does the license information from the FlashScan device show up?

If so we can check if the FlashScan device communicate with a controller via the OBDII connection After connecting FlashScan with the ignition on and pressing Ctrl+Ok a few times, can you save a trace file (F1 Scan -> F3 Scan Options -> F1 Save Trace), then create a support ticket (as described here: http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...7778-QEKN-0400 ) and submit the trace file with a description of the problem.

If not, try saving the trace file while the FlashScan device is using an SD Card, then transfer the trace file by reading from the SD Card directly from a PC card reader on your PC/laptop.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Hey Paul,

I can communicate via V8 and was able to pull up the licensing info. However, whenever I hit the CTRL+OK all I get is a yellow light flash (on the 2nd from the right light). No screen change. F1->F3->F1 saves the trace, but I'm not sure it's actually communicating with the ECM. It's as if every thing up to the serial port going to the ECM is fine, but no functional communication AT the port and further down the line. I know the OBDII cord is ok because the AutoCal can powers up with the ECM and reads DTC's.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
    Hey Paul,

I can communicate via V8 and was able to pull up the licensing info. However, whenever I hit the CTRL+OK all I get is a yellow light flash (on the 2nd from the right light). No screen change. F1->F3->F1 saves the trace, but I'm not sure it's actually communicating with the ECM. It's as if every thing up to the serial port going to the ECM is fine, but no functional communication AT the port and further down the line. I know the OBDII cord is ok because the AutoCal can powers up with the ECM and reads DTC's.
    That's why I'd like to see the trace file. The Orange LED just tells us that there is data on the OBDII cable, but not which direction the data is traveling. It is possible that the LED is only flashing to indicate that FlashScan is sending an OBDII query to the ECM and that the ECM is not responding or that the message is not even getting out the RJ45 connector on FlashScan. The trace file will show me the data direction and the protocol info I need to determine what (if any) data is coming back from the ECM. Although from what you have described it sounds like the CAN transceiver chip on the V2 may be damaged.

Do you have access to a VPW based vehicle? (i.e. LS1, LB7, LLY style controller). If so it would be nice to see if FlashScan can communicate with that type of vehicle. If it can then it is almost certain that the CAN transceiver is damaged.
    If that is the case, it can be repaired by replacing that chip. SoCal Diesel can do that repair (https://www.efilive.com/distributors).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Gotcha. Thanks...let me figure out how to save this and make a ticket.

Hi my v2 is doing the same thing it worked on Saturday on a ls1 I was tuning but went to do a e38 2 day and no love tried every thing its doing exactly the same as yours tbm sport I used swaped the v2 for a spare autocal I have using same cables laptop etc and worked no probs its been a few months since ive done a e38 so it might be that the can receiver like paul said I will try reading a ls1 2morrow - DAM IT

Quote Originally Posted by JCA View Post
    Hi my v2 is doing the same thing it worked on Saturday on a ls1 I was tuning but went to do a e38 2 day and no love tried every thing its doing exactly the same as yours tbm sport I used swaped the v2 for a spare autocal I have using same cables laptop etc and worked no probs its been a few months since ive done a e38 so it might be that the can receiver like paul said I will try reading a ls1 2morrow - DAM IT
    Is this a common occurrence and failure with the V2s? I have just bought a used V2 with the same problem, $0280 no vehicle detected and my firends V2 works no problem with the same cable.

So I just did a full format and made sure it was updated with latest firmware. Uploaded E35A scan and tune files to it and nothing else. Get the same $0280 when attempting to scan valid E35A PID list. Next I tried to read tune and injector data and get $0281 error. So is this box fried? What does it cost to fix?

Update, passthrough does not detect ecm either.
    Last edited by Black6spdZ; May 7th, 2015 at 01:39 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast