Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LC-1 Wierdness

Default LC-1 Wierdness

Hey guys I finally got this LC-1 installed and it is acting kinda strange. The LED will light up solid, but when I scan, it will sometimes jump from 10 to 20 and back and forth but will not give me an accurate reading. Today, it stayed in the 20s range and then a little into the drive, the LED started blinking and then the AFR started looking good. It was giving good readings. Does this mean it needs to be re calibrated and if so, do I have to remove the O2 to do this?

Did you do:
    - heater calibration (power up LC-1 with sensor removed from it, then power up LC-1 with sensor connected to it);
    - free air calibration (initiate with sensor in clean air, or after at least 6 hours of engine off, use shop vac to clear exhaust);

The LC-1 will blink the LED for about 20-30 seconds when first powered up...

Then, while operating, the LC-1 will blink the LED if an error occurs, count the blinks for the error code.

Yes I did both of those calibrations, but during the free air, my battery died, but I did it again. Why would it actually work better when the LED is blinking during driving?

The blinking LED is telling you an error code... I don't know why it would work better, but it's possible...

What error code is it blinking...?

I am not sure on this, I didn't know that's what that meant. I will have to check it next time. Where is the list of error code blinks?

BRB, I will check the error code now.

Also see Appendix B.

Alright, just tested it again and this time no error codes. It blinked when I first turned it on and then went solid. From that point even during driving the voltage on AD1 was 4.2-4.4V and never changed, which calculated to about 20:1 AFR. Can I do a free air calibration only in the morning before I start the truck and you think that might fix it?

Check the fuel settings.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast