Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another emergancy help thread

Lifetime Member

Default another emergancy help thread

hey guys,
    i was doin a little tuning on a 01 Dmax today. i had someone help me on a simple 100hp tune. flashed it and went for a test drive. ran good, he wanted just a ta bit of smoke so i added a lil fuel and on the reflash it kept giving me a bootloader error. so i had to walk 2 miles to the house to get my truck and tow him.
    nothing i tried would work.

i need help.

truck wont crank and i tried a full flash. then i found another pcm in my shop out of a 02 1500 4.8 gas. i attempted a full flash of the LB7 tune with no luck.

what do i do now?

Lifetime Member

im on my cell phone so if anybody know what i should do and is feeling very helpful please email me nonnieselman@yahoo.com
    i recieve these emails on my phone..

thanks guys.

Not a good situation, unfortunately it was Sunday morning (here) when you posted this, I've just by chance checked the forum tonight.

Not sure how you went today, but just try the usual stuff.

Any aftermarket radio's etc, pull the radio fuse if yes.
    Pull the battery for 10 seconds, try again. At the same time restart the PC.

Cheers
    Ross

P.S - A gas ECM won't work in the Duramax, the case is the same, that is about it.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by nonnieselman View Post
    hey guys,
    i was doin a little tuning on a 01 Dmax today. i had someone help me on a simple 100hp tune. flashed it and went for a test drive. ran good, he wanted just a ta bit of smoke so i added a lil fuel and on the reflash it kept giving me a bootloader error. so i had to walk 2 miles to the house to get my truck and tow him.
    nothing i tried would work.

i need help.

truck wont crank and i tried a full flash. then i found another pcm in my shop out of a 02 1500 4.8 gas. i attempted a full flash of the LB7 tune with no luck.

what do i do now?
    2001 trucks can sometimes fail on a flash if the door is open, they also can be picky if you have a 2001 with ON-STAR, I know efi-live issues shut-up commands but 2001's seem to have minds of their own.

I always suggest 2001 owners upgrade to 2002 OS 15186006 and full flash to that OS, it is more stable and the 2001's run just fine on that 2002 OS.

www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Not a good situation, unfortunately it was Sunday morning (here) when you posted this, I've just by chance checked the forum tonight.

Not sure how you went today, but just try the usual stuff.

Any aftermarket radio's etc, pull the radio fuse if yes.
    Pull the battery for 10 seconds, try again. At the same time restart the PC.

Cheers
    Ross

P.S - A gas ECM won't work in the Duramax, the case is the same, that is about it.
    ive tried all that, i think the PCM is just dead.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    2001 trucks can sometimes fail on a flash if the door is open, they also can be picky if you have a 2001 with ON-STAR, I know efi-live issues shut-up commands but 2001's seem to have minds of their own.

I always suggest 2001 owners upgrade to 2002 OS 15186006 and full flash to that OS, it is more stable and the 2001's run just fine on that 2002 OS.

Ill be either finding a 02 ECM or a 01ECM and upgrading to the 02 OS you just mentioned.

when i try to connect the scan tool it gives me error response $31, and it gives me bootloader reject on a flash. ive tried everything mentioned above as well as everything Justin G suggested.

So the truck is sitting at my house until i can find a freaking ECM now. all the junkyards are closed tomorrow and im leaving tuesday morning goin out of town. so this really sucks.

If anybody has a 01-03? ECM and wouldnt mine helping me out, ill send money.

I'm more concerned that it seems from what you said that it's in this state after doing calibration only flashes, that doesn't make sense. You should always be able to recover an ECM if it's only failed on a calibration flash.
    Killerbee on this forum appears to sell ECM's -
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=11325
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

everything ive tried still gives me a bootloader reject and it says the calibration is missing.

i tuned on a friends procharged truck yesterday and it worked. so that rules out my box or laptop?

will a 01-04 pcm work? i can just change it to a 02 OS?

theres not any 01 PCMs in mississippi :(
    found a 04 and thats it so far.

Lifetime Member

found a 02 pcm and ordered it.. it should be in thursday.

hey john i been looking for at lucas. were ya been

Lifetime Member

who is this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast