Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Temporarily tune around WOT fuel preesure drop?

The hacked IFR tune is definately better with the actual AFR's. This still leads to a fuel supply issue or an incorrect VE table/maf table. Since your fuel pressure is dropping the fuel supply would be the main cause for concern.(as you had already figured out).
    Its a pity you cant log fuel pressure as well since I would think that it is still dropping further with the hacked tune.
    Last edited by 5.7ute; September 14th, 2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: cause I can
    The Tremor at AIR

I know that would be nice to have a fuel pressure gauge with the ability to log it with EFIlive (I know its possible, need $$)

From my eyes, I see the AFR's looking better with the hacked IFR table, but in both tunes the AFR's are equal for a little bit after I punch it. Wouldn't the hacked IFR tune show that much more rich, no matter the RPM? Wouldn't this be a VE problem (even though my VE values are so high already??)

BTW: Both of these logs were recorded within 5 mins of each other, so they would both have the same fuel pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by samh_08 View Post
    Yes but it would first be tomorrow. Excuse the rookie, but I thought I was logging everything I needed for speed density. What is the purpose of logging DYNAIR and DYNCYLAIR when I am already logging DYNCYLAIR_DMA?
    DYNAIR (g/s) and DYNCYLAIR (g/cyl) help to show the bigger picture when comparing pulsewidth, AFR, timing, gives an idea about VE...

log either one, DYNCYLAIR or DYNCYLAIR_DMA, whichever one you like best... sorry I don't mean to make you spin another cycle...

I did look very carefully in your logs and I didn't see either one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no dyncylair.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	6203  

More $0.02 comments...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBL00016-3.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	6204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBL00017-2.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	6205  

?? Dont know why you cant see it. This is what I see...

Yep. I can see dyncylair_dma in the logs. Remember puff, puff, pass Joe (Joking)
    Samh 08 you cant directly reference one log to the other as they are showing different rates of accelleration at different times.The only constant area is over 5000 rpm.
    The Tremor at AIR

Personally, I think fudging the IFR table is the better way to go about this (even though I think it's completely wrong from the start). Changing the MAF or VE is going to alter the air mass calculations and throw you in different parts of other tables. IFR simply adjusts IBPW, which is what you need to change.

In the end though, I'd be concerned that it's simply a supply and demand problem. Meaning, no matter how far you drop the IFR to demand more fuel @ WOT, the ability of the system to supply it simply isn't there. Whether it's a capacity issue or a restriction of some sort, it's not happening....which is why I say don't bother wasting your time "fudging" it. Fix the real issue.

Default Dido"

Dido that Data.
    98 tigershark

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon View Post
    Personally, I think fudging the IFR table is the better way to go about this (even though I think it's completely wrong from the start). Changing the MAF or VE is going to alter the air mass calculations and throw you in different parts of other tables. IFR simply adjusts IBPW, which is what you need to change.

In the end though, I'd be concerned that it's simply a supply and demand problem. Meaning, no matter how far you drop the IFR to demand more fuel @ WOT, the ability of the system to supply it simply isn't there. Whether it's a capacity issue or a restriction of some sort, it's not happening....which is why I say don't bother wasting your time "fudging" it. Fix the real issue.
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!

I am beginning the process of elimination on the drop in fuel pressure at WOT tomorrow.

Do these logs that I took show that my VE is off up top too?

Quote Originally Posted by samh_08 View Post
    I am beginning the process of elimination on the drop in fuel pressure at WOT tomorrow.

Do these logs that I took show that my VE is off up top too?
    You wont know until the fuel issue is sorted. If your system holds pressure @58psi & actual doesnt match commanded then your VE table is off.
    As SSpdDemon correctly stated, the only place to fudge this is the IFR table. Then once your fuel system is adequate you will only need to return this table to matching the injectors flow rate. Hacking anything else will just add too much work.
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast