Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: w.b. keeps throwing a code? po1153

Set them both to NO MIL.
    Try a different response setting for the LC-1.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Set them both to NO MIL.
    ya i was playing around with the response settings and it seems to run the best at 1/2 but still sets a code at any setting i use.
    2001 camaro z28 ss vert with factory slp upgrades, Hooker long tubes, 3"y-pipe to a 4" muffler, ,airlid,s.s.r.a. ,t.c.bypass,descreened m.a.f. 232/234 .595,.598 +2 comp cam with ported and polished stock heads with .650 lift dual springs and a bowl grind. tuned with EFI Live. All combined to achieve 29 m.p.g. and 399 r.w.h.p. with 384 lbs of torque. sold...

Now own a 2015 1LE camaro

Quote Originally Posted by smslyguy View Post
    yes i have it simulating one side of my narrow band. Although, i did not get a po154 code. let me know if shorting the wires up helps you out at all.
    I have a ScanMaster so I can watch my O2 sensor voltage. The PCM millivolts from the LM-1 simulated NB sensor trick barely fluctuates more than 100 mv. Apparently this isn't enough to keep from setting the P1153 and P0154. I get the 154 instead of 153 because I'm using the #2 bank. I'm telling you this because I'm fairly certain this is your problem too although I figure you are using bank #1.

So there's no confusion, I won't be "shorting the wires". It is only the low voltage (with engine off key on) wire that we need to be concerned. Apparently our PCM doesn't require any feedback from the heater circuit.

Right now I'm involved in tuning my LTFTs so the NB sensor has gone back in. Once the trims are dialed in I'll be going for the WOT tuning. In which case the P1153 and P0153/4 will mean nothing because at open throttle the NB sensors are out of the equation. What I'm saying is this; if you are just tuning with the LC-1 for WOT A/F then you can live with the codes until the tuning is done. If you want the WB in there for the long term then you will need to get a better connection between your analog output and the O2 harness. That's my take on it anyway.
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - GM LS6 H/C
    EFILive FlashScan V1 - 7.5.6 (Build 133)

Quote Originally Posted by 01Z View Post
    I have a ScanMaster so I can watch my O2 sensor voltage. The PCM millivolts from the LM-1 simulated NB sensor trick barely fluctuates more than 100 mv. Apparently this isn't enough to keep from setting the P1153 and P0154. I get the 154 instead of 153 because I'm using the #2 bank. I'm telling you this because I'm fairly certain this is your problem too although I figure you are using bank #1.

So there's no confusion, I won't be "shorting the wires". It is only the low voltage (with engine off key on) wire that we need to be concerned. Apparently our PCM doesn't require any feedback from the heater circuit.

Right now I'm involved in tuning my LTFTs so the NB sensor has gone back in. Once the trims are dialed in I'll be going for the WOT tuning. In which case the P1153 and P0153/4 will mean nothing because at open throttle the NB sensors are out of the equation. What I'm saying is this; if you are just tuning with the LC-1 for WOT A/F then you can live with the codes until the tuning is done. If you want the WB in there for the long term then you will need to get a better connection between your analog output and the O2 harness. That's my take on it anyway.
    thanks for the info, and yes i am using bank 2 sensor 1 with my w.b. Surely there must be a way to similate a n.b without setting a code. I am pretty sure it has to do with the grounding (maybe mine or yours are to far apart) i'm not quite sure, but it problly is a gound issue.
    2001 camaro z28 ss vert with factory slp upgrades, Hooker long tubes, 3"y-pipe to a 4" muffler, ,airlid,s.s.r.a. ,t.c.bypass,descreened m.a.f. 232/234 .595,.598 +2 comp cam with ported and polished stock heads with .650 lift dual springs and a bowl grind. tuned with EFI Live. All combined to achieve 29 m.p.g. and 399 r.w.h.p. with 384 lbs of torque. sold...

Perhaps it is the ground offset but as you know, simulating the NB sensor is a one wire affair. There's no shortage of discussion on Innovate forum regarding the ground offset. After I have the LTFTs dialed I will be going back to the WB and do some research on the simulation. I can't find a place to put another bung because I'm using the factory exhaust manifold due to emission testing here so using the NB sensor hole is my only option. Since you have headers there should be room for a dedicated bung and you can move away from the LC-1s NB analog simulation.

Perhaps it is the ground offset but as you know, simulating the NB sensor is a one wire affair. There's no shortage of discussion on Innovate forum regarding the ground offset. After I have the LTFTs dialed I will be going back to the WB and do some research on the simulation. I can't find a place to put another bung because I'm using the factory exhaust manifold due to emission testing here so using the NB sensor hole is my only option. Since you have headers there should be room for a dedicated bung and you can move away from the LC-1s NB analog simulation.
    i wish i could weld a bung in mine but i have short tube headers with high flow cats, as to why i was using my factory o2 slot as well. I have been playing around with the switch times to see if that helps out at all, but i haven't had much luck at all with it. I think my car ran a little better with the factory o2 sensors as well. Have you noticed any difference between the factory and w.b on yours?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Set them both to NO MIL.
    do you think this is a grounding issue?

Quote Originally Posted by smslyguy View Post
    i wish i could weld a bung in mine but i have short tube headers with high flow cats, as to why i was using my factory o2 slot as well. I have been playing around with the switch times to see if that helps out at all, but i haven't had much luck at all with it. I think my car ran a little better with the factory o2 sensors as well. Have you noticed any difference between the factory and w.b on yours?
    I had the wideband sensor in for a few hundred miles. The MIL would come on just about the same as yours - about 40 or 50 miles but I think it really has to do with a number of run cycles. The PCM sees the fault a specific number of times and then trips the check engine light and sets a DTC.

I have been experimenting with different tunes sent to me by another EFILive person. I can't verify if the car runs any different with the wideband and simulation because of that. I'll pay attention to the performance when the LTFT tuning is finished and the WOT tuning begins.

Regarding your #1 analog output; is the wire from the LC-1 attached good as in soldered and is it soldered into the connector for the loom? I don't know about the grounding but having a clean, solid and low resistance in that wire is critical.
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - GM LS6 H/C
    EFILive FlashScan V1 - 7.5.6 (Build 133)

I had the wideband sensor in for a few hundred miles. The MIL would come on just about the same as yours - about 40 or 50 miles but I think it really has to do with a number of run cycles. The PCM sees the fault a specific number of times and then trips the check engine light and sets a DTC.

I have been experimenting with different tunes sent to me by another EFILive person. I can't verify if the car runs any different with the wideband and simulation because of that. I'll pay attention to the performance when the LTFT tuning is finished and the WOT tuning begins.

Regarding your #1 analog output; is the wire from the LC-1 attached good as in soldered and is it soldered into the connector for the loom? I don't know about the grounding but having a clean, solid and low resistance in that wire is critical.
    no it's not soilderd, but it is crimped and screwed to the frame where it should have a good ground. I am kinda thinking that the lc-1's ground should be grounded to the "factory" wire harness ground to prevent any lap. Don't know this for sure, but i am thinking about experimenting with it.

Since we have the same situation it might be a good idea to search the Innovate forum for those DTCs. If I find the solution then you'll have it too. If there are two of us struggling with the exact same problem then there have been many more.

Just one thing though; I don't have anything grounded yet I'm still seeing 350 to 550 millivolts from that simulated O2 sensor reported by the PCM. According to the LM-1 manual, the only wire needed to interface the manufactured NBO2 voltage is the (red) lead from Analog output #1. The red wire on my unit is connected to the forward tip of the male end of the stereo mini jack. I'm not familiar with the LC-1 so maybe we don't have the same hook up to that regard.

I have a wideband a/f gauge waiting to be installed so I do have an interest in making the LM-1 with the WB sensor a semi-permanent installation. I also have a nitrous kit to get working once the car has been NA tuned.

Here's some useful information: http://mycomputerninja.com/~jon/www....ideBandO2.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast