Thread: Low sulfur diesel fuel

Default Low sulfur diesel fuel

Hey guys i just did a complete DPF,DOC,& EGR blocker delete turned off all codes regarding DPF,DOC & EGR I even gave the truck a lopy idle which sounds great my question is can i run LSD fuel in my engine? I have a 2008 LMM 3500 hd the reason i asked is because LSD fuel has more sulfur or lubricate in it which is better for the injectors & injection pump

Lifetime Member

Like the 10-15ppm ultra low sulfur diesel thats available everywhere? Your truck is designed to run on ULSD especially with a DPF (even though thats removed now)...here in WA and ID I havent seen anything but ULSD since 2007 when the mandated implementation began.

So yes, you will be fine.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Like the 10-15ppm ultra low sulfur diesel thats available everywhere? Your truck is designed to run on ULSD especially with a DPF (even though thats removed now)...here in WA and ID I havent seen anything but ULSD since 2007 when the mandated implementation began.

So yes, you will be fine.
    The only reason the truck was "designed" for ULSD is that stupid POS DPF. With it gone, you can run whatever you want in it. The ULSD is JUNK. I run LSD every time I see it (and I actually have seen it at a few truck stops). I'd even run "high" sulfer fuel if I could find it. The higher the sulfer content, the better the fuel will lubricate things like the CP3 that need that lubrication to survive.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    The only reason the truck was "designed" for ULSD is that stupid POS DPF. With it gone, you can run whatever you want in it. The ULSD is JUNK. I run LSD every time I see it (and I actually have seen it at a few truck stops). I'd even run "high" sulfer fuel if I could find it. The higher the sulfer content, the better the fuel will lubricate things like the CP3 that need that lubrication to survive.
    #2 home heating oil here. same as LSD. ULSD is terrible for the engines.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    I figured it was designed for ULSD to deal with the DPF, didnt know you could run whatever after its in the trash. Good to know, Im not a big diesel guy although I envisioned a 4.5L Dmax swap into a mid-70s C10 pickup...bummer its not being produced.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.