Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What wideband do you use with EFI Live???

Default What wideband do you use with EFI Live???

Need some help here.

What portable wideband do you use with EFI LIVE?

I'm only interested in those that use the efi live SERIAL connection with the wideband.

The innovate LM2 is GARBAGE and does not work. They have not helped one bit. Especially that wise ass that tells me "I'm doing it worng".

Who is using WHAT unit.....Not casually or on weekends...but to run a tuning business???

Thanks
    Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Honestly, my LM1 has worked fine for me and is very portable with a cig power chord and easy-to-connect wires to EFI Live. That, and I like the program-ability to set the AFR range the way I like.

The LC1 I had I made more portable than it was by powering it through the O2 sensor connector. But, the LM1 is just a LOT easier to move from car to car.

What problems are you having with your LM2 unit?

I have tuned several hundred cars with my LM1. I used it everyday for the last 3 yrs.

I have an LM-2 and I'm freaking sick of it!!! POS, worthless wideband. My LC-1 didn't give me as many problems as the LM-2...
    I've tried 4 new sensor's and it still won't work!!!
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Techedge 2J1 , at around $260 AU$ you can have a few of the units in the shop to use

Lifetime Member

Techedge 2C1. They have sold thousands into the US, so there must be a few around there .

http://wbo2.com/

Default I'm gonna say this loud so they take notice!

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
    I have an LM-2 and I'm freaking sick of it!!! POS, worthless wideband. My LC-1 didn't give me as many problems as the LM-2...
    I've tried 4 new sensor's and it still won't work!!!
    I'm gonna say this LOUD so Innovate takes notice.

The In my opinion...The Innovate LM2 is a piece of SHIT! That's that!

I bought one of the first ones and it sucked. I called them and they admitted problems with the early ones and promised to overnight a new one.

AFTER 6 (six) weeks of lies and my constant calls, a new unit showed up. It worked slightly better.

In the next few months I purchased nearly 20 (twenty) sensors as the device would tell me all of the typical sensor errors so, I replaced them.

Recently, I determined that if you switch between the 2 (i have a dual unit) channels it works for a short while and when it tells you the sensor is dead, you just simply switch to the other port and it lets you finish the job. THAN IT DIES again.

I have 2 units and now BOTH don't work and I've purchased a THIRD LM2 just to make use of the sensors I already own till I figure out what to do next.

I've called MANY times and that wise ass kid tells me I'm doing something wrong and that "we've never had any issues with the LM2". BULLSHIT!

The kid also denys that Innovate ever admitted problems with the early ones. Funny thing is they shipped me a new one NO QUESTIONS ASKED without even a receipt! Yeah Right, you never heard of an LM2 with problems!

Guys with LC1s and LM1s NEVER have sensor problems! But the LM2 always think the sensor is no good. If you plug a sensor into one port, It says E2 like the circuit is open....Plug it into the other port and it works for a bit...then fails....Switch back to the first port and you get it working for some time.

Think I'm PISSED! 20 sensors later, Yeah! I'm pissed!

How much time have I wasted?!?!!

I've given all of my information to my attorney (who loves thin kinda shit) and he's gonna call them today.

In this thread, I'd like to start collecting all the names of guys not happy with the LM2. I'll do what I can to help you get fixed up!

Keep it coming guys! What are you using?
    Chuck CoW

Last edited by Chuck CoW; September 17th, 2009 at 10:50 AM.
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

It's my opinion that good analog data still trumps questionable data relayed over a serial bus.

As a professional calibrator, I use professional equipment from ECM. Specifically, the LambdaPro. I know that not everyone is going to spend $3500 on a wideband, but I do this for a living. They also offer more reasonably priced units like the AFM1000. Those who really have to have serial can step up to an AFR1200 and get a few more features as well.

The cost of piles of trashed sensors can easily justify a little extra up front for one of these good units. Heck, if Chuck just took the money he spent on the 20+ sensors recently, he could have already owned an AFM1000. The side effect is that all of a sudden, your data will be more accurate and less temperature dependent. Another nice bonus is that ECM gives a significant discount to people who have taken my training classes.

If you're just an enthusiast looking for a decent unit for your own car, I'd recommend the NGK AFX since it's actually made by ECM as well. Both the AFX and ECM units are able to use either the Bosch or NGK production sensors with proper recalibration. It's not the fault of the sensor that most cheap widebands fail, but rather the cheap controller giving you your money's worth.
    ~Greg
    Calibrated Success - EFI Training and Tuning Done Right
    GM Beginner's Guide DVD available now through Summit!
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Amazon's best deal for the EFI crowd.

Where or what website can we check out those widebands?
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Have you tried the newer firmware for the LM2?
    The way Innovate does business sucks.

IIRC someone mentioning the AFR1200 with serial,
    ask Paul if it is or will be supported.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast