Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help tuning olsd without o2 sensors

Arrow Need help tuning olsd without o2 sensors

I was wondering if there were any tables to help with heat soak, the problem is i am running mafless and without o2 sensors. if i play with the iat table a0014 it seems to get worse. i am running a turbo and i have the iat sensor just before the tb. i noticed the blending and filter tables but those only seem to be used when running a maf sensor.

the engine gets hotter and it gets leaner, when it gets colder it gets richer doesnt make sense to me most of my problem is at idle...

has anyone ran into this??

Hi 02sierra4x4, welcome to the forum.
    It always helps to post a log & tune file so we can see the issue first hand. Also if you can give a list of mods it may speed things up a bit.
    The Tremor at AIR

2000 silverado rcsb, 6.0L with z06 camshaft, front mount t76 turbo, intercooled, methanol injection, 60# injectors. here is a log at the track and the tune i was running. dont really have a log that shows the richer when cold and leaner when hot but the log shows when im idling getting to the line it shows around 15.5 when it was 14.8 when i used auto ve and it just gets leaner as it gets hotter
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 02sierra4x4; September 17th, 2009 at 03:07 PM.

thanks for the welcome!

Hi 02sierra4x4,

Welcome to the forum...

These are out-of-range, fix them:
    A0001
    A0002
    A0011
    A0012

Set them to 99, 99, 511, 511, then save file, exit tunetool, reopen tunetool, set them back to 100, 100, 512, 512.

(it's got to do with the tunetool displays a valid max or min value for a cell that is outside the min..max range... and the tunetool detects changes to the file based on displayed values changing).

Unrelated:
    I would set Throttle Kickdown tables D0960, D0961, D0962 to 100% all across, otherwise they will interfere with the PT upshift/downshift tables.

What wideband are you using? I assume you were logging it through the analog inputs.
    The Tremor at AIR

i am using an AEM Wideband, yes using them through the analog inputs, and thanks again i have been very happy with efilive here in twin falls, ID nobody know what tuning stands, they think it stands for edge products or hypertech.

Lifetime Member

Twin Falls, ID? One of my friends who goes to Gonzaga with me is from there believe it or not.

Im not surprised, the only people that have heard of EFILive are my one gearhead buddy who was going to use HPT (think I converted him with the free COSs for his 00 Camaro) and the guys Ive tuned their trucks with. Everyone else is like, oh yea my trucks tuned too. With what I ask, oh a Hypertech or Superchips programmer. Sorry to burst your bubble man but thats not tuned...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

crazy its a small world! i actually flew into spokane and stayed at my buddy's lake house on courdelane lake few weeks back. ever been to Carlin Bay? have you ever tuned OLSD?

Lifetime Member

Haha funny you said that, Im heading out to my cabin in Kidd Island Bay here in about 5 mins. Jumped on the forum for a sec to catchup before I head out without internet!! Carlin Bay, passed it last weekend while showing a buddy the southern part of the lake.

If you ever get back up to Spokane drop me a line and we'll meet up for sure.

I have not tuned OLSD, I can barely figure out this dang P10 controller, Ive got the tune for premium and regular pretty much spot on except for the last final bit of fueling. Im OCD and think I can pickup a little on the hwy. Then its off to the E67/T42 in my TBSS...think I can dial that one in in probably a month or two working part time on it vs 3.5+ years on the P10. First ones always the hardest, especially with a weird PCM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast