Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still Pinging

Lifetime Member

You have more balls then me! I would never ever flog a supercharged vehicle without having a safe tune in place first and even then I would make short low RPM runs, correct the problems then take it to the next step and keep doing that until it's right. I think the water injection is saving your butt.

On the last log you hit 14.31 AFR under boost, I'm not sure why your engine is still running.

I'm coming across harshly but honestly, I wouldn't even run the car NA until the tune was safe. Pull the belt and get it tuned NA first then put the belt back on and tune it slowly under boost. Get a 2 bar MAP sensor and setup the fuel and timing MAP's correctly or say good bye to your engine.....

230" Dragster - 2000 LS1, 02020003 Speed Density, PRC 2.5 Heads,
    MS3 Cam 237/242 .603/.609, Vic Jr. intake, Holley 1000CFM TB,
    PowerGlide, 5000 stall converter. 8.70@154 MPH

My Projects Homepage: http://www.horsepowerracing.com

What injectors do you have...? Is your IFR correct for those injectors...?

Some notes:
    - do not do AutoVE on the semi-open-loop (SOL) cells (EQ 1.00 in B3647) since the STFT's are correcting ahead of you;
    - if you're doing AutoVE, then disable SOL (set the EQ 1.00 cells in B3647 to EQ1.01);
    - any cell in B3647 set to EQ 1.00 will enable SOL while operating from that cell;
    - EQ 1.00 is your stoichiometric AFR as defined in B3601;

My personal preferences:

I would set the 2nd and 3rd last columns in B3647 equal to the last column, and ramp up to there from the rest of the table... also, consider this: if you're at very low rpm (say held in manual 2nd) and you go WOT what AFR do you want...?

If you're going to make significant torque, bump up the shift pressure tables (make a straight line from (0 psi, 0 ftlb) all the way upto (90 psi, 369 psi) and then level it of there.

make the shift time tables 0.3 or 0.2 seconds all across... if the shifts are too harsh, then increase the shift torque reduction tables.

I have the stock 99 ls1 injectors and I have no idea what the IFR is.
    Is it safe to up the pressures in a trans with a shift kit? I went 10% higher than stock and took the shift times down by 10% it was shifting much better, went sideways when hit second and trac control on.
    I really don't know what afr to shoot for at wot again I just went from the twin turbo file on Holdens web site.
    I feel the car is running much better now but I know it not nealy done.
    I will make the changes so I won't hit SOL and see how that works.

Thanks Again,
    Greg

Depends on the shift kit... you would be ok at +10%... the only way to know is to measure the pressure at the tap on the LHS of the case... to be safe max pressure should not go over something like 220 psi... how much different do the shifts feel at +10% compared to previous...?

You can increase the torque reduction tables to help with the loss of traction (and this also protects your driveline).

the shifts feel much quicker but not too harsh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12