Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little help on OS quick (20 bucks)

Default Little help on OS quick (20 bucks)

Hey guys i know i am new and i browse the fourms but rarley ever post as I am learning and have little tech knowledge about efi. But i have a question for you guys.

I have a 2007 classic chevrolet truck with a OS of 12619624. I had a segment swap done for the 6.0 but i am now doing the 4l80 trans. I can't find a vin or tune that has this same OS with a 4l80. What do you guys reccomend?

I would be grateful if someone could find this I will send 20 bucks to ya in the form of a certified check(i don't have paypal) I was hoping to do this swap over the weekend but i will have to push it back. I can send my tune through email if anyone wants to see it. Please Help!!!
    Thanks,
    Chris

ok so now i have another question pertaining to this. I have found a truck that is like mine with a different os. Can i overwrite my current tune with this? and i have found a van that shares the same os as the new truck. Would this work?

i feel like i have hit a brick wall and all my questions are not able to be answered? What should i do?

So i cant be helped? Is it a difficult task to perform or it just can't be done? I am new to this and I have gotten discouraged about using this program. Someone please help me.

Quote Originally Posted by lownslo View Post
    ok so now i have another question pertaining to this. I have found a truck that is like mine with a different os. Can i overwrite my current tune with this? and i have found a van that shares the same os as the new truck. Would this work?
    If the other tune has the same or similar values, then you may be able to... if there are significant differences then you have to copy the different tables (open instances of the tunetool on each file, and for each table do copy-with-labels/paste-with-labels, save file, then full flash it)... the only way to know if it works is to flash the new file in and see if your vehicle runs (engine, trans, and all the PCM controlled subsystems).

If your PCM can take OS 12212156, then go with this as I believe there are some 12212156/4L80E files somewhere, this makes copying segments easy... your PCM would have to be the LS1B 1999-2008 style (part number 0411 compatible).

i feel like i have hit a brick wall and all my questions are not able to be answered? What should i do?
    Some questions are harder to answer than others.

thanks for your help that is what i wanted to hear. It is possible! If i had to buy another pcm just to make it work that would be the resort. But i will give this a shot and see how it works. Joecar i was waiting on your reply, very knowledgeable and friendly!
    Thanks a million,
    Chris

You should always post a copy of your tune so 'potential helpers' can check out things such as the Op system and maybe offer some help.
    Quite a few of us have done the 4L80E swap.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

thanks, how do you load files and post them? I was going to try that but had no clue.

When you make a post, click on 'ADVANCED', scroll down to 'ATTACH FILES'. Then you can select your tune from your 'my doc's' file.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

Your 2007 PCM is not compatible with the OS's suggested by Joecar, you need to find a matching vehicle from about 2004+, anything later than that you should be fine to full flash in to your PCM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I wasn't sure what year(s) the size changed... so then you would have to find a 2004+ file with the 4L80E segment in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast