Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuning for Dummies - Will there be a FAQ?

Default Tuning for Dummies - Will there be a FAQ?

Now I am not talking every last detail just a place to look so I can get started. Something like:

Step 1. Get your timing straight go to screen XXX and make sure your running between XXX and XXX. Be sure and look for XXX and no KR

Step 2. Get your A/F ratio right. Go to screen XXX and look for XXX be sure and check XXX

You get the idea
    2001 Trans-Am - A4 w/2.73
    Current Mod List
    Best 1/4
    N/A - 12.56@110.51
    N2O - 11.43@123.66 100 shot

http://www.ls1tuning.com/iboard/

Not to divert your point but his is where I am reading for now.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton
    http://www.ls1tuning.com/iboard/

Not to divert your point but his is where I am reading for now.
    Well I figured since there is a message board here now... and they make the software.... we would just go ahead and do it here :lol:

That's not crazy is it? I am a fast learner and since I have another car for a daily driver I will be tuning the old LS1 till it is "dead on". Train up 20-30 guys like me, to help others out, and this place will be busier than LS1Tech!

I just though a good "Starting Out FAQ" would be in order....
    2001 Trans-Am - A4 w/2.73
    Current Mod List
    Best 1/4
    N/A - 12.56@110.51
    N2O - 11.43@123.66 100 shot

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The Tuning Tool documentation does not include and "how to" tuning tutorials. It explains how the software works, how to set it up, how to integrate it with the scan tool etc.

There are many tuning tutorials scattered around the net, some very good some, well not so good.

There are also as many ways to tune your PCM as there are modifications you can make to your powertrain.

I know some of our beta testers have been putting together some "intro tuning notes" and those documents, when they are done, will probably be posted on our web site. Meanwhile, as Bruce said, take a look at some of the resources already available.

Regards
    Paul

DebianDog, I plan on posting all of my useful findings on this board as I explore and learn the software. I'm totally new to tuning, so hopefully we as a group can help each other out. Here's a link that might help with a lot of the general concepts:

http://www.vetteguru.com/mods/howto/

I'm about to die here waiting for the big brown truck-o-joy.

hi guys if you need any help with the program or anything just email me or go to www.ls1tuning.com and ill try to answer every question there is, if it hasnt been answered already, ive pretty much explained everything at least once if you do a search on my name there, its funny though, the stuff and way they are tuning is what ive been saying for 2 or so years ago now, and they are finnally doing it and making a big deal about it, but somehow they get the credit?? lol ohh well, jes
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Would it be an idea to start a dedicated forum on efilive.com for tuning tips and techniques?
    Anyone interested?
    Paul

ill help if you need it
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Would it be an idea to start a dedicated forum on efilive.com for tuning tips and techniques?
    Anyone interested?
    Paul
    Are you talking kinda of like HP tuners forum? If so im favor of it

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Anyone interested?
    Paul
    I think it would be great as it has proven popular and active with the brand X
    tuning software users.
    Not only would it be beneficial for the "Dummies" crowd and the knowldgible tuners, it would likely promote and be an asset for FlashScan as a product.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast