Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuning for Dummies - Will there be a FAQ?

Absolutely, that sort of forum sounds like a great idea. If you need any help I'd be more than happy to do what I can. No doubt such a forum would be great in helping your development of the software, as well as our understanding.

Off topic, but what's up with the bashers on other LS1 oriented boards as of late? :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    Off topic, but what's up with the bashers on other LS1 oriented boards as of late? :roll:
    Drake,

It's no different to the Mac V's PC argument, if you like one you will bag the other.

What I did to solve the issue......goto favourites......forums......delete.

Cheers,
    Ross

it is pretty rediculous, everyone is so touchy for no reason, you just go and mention something then get flooded with pms about people arguing a point for no reason.. :(
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Forums can be useful for getting quick answers to specific questions or problems.

IMHO, they should not really be used for soapbox posts promoting ideas. Most people have different ideas (and most people don't want to change their own ideas- they are usually looking for people to support them).
    It is very easy to misunderstand someone's point of view. I've seen two people argue on the same side of a disagreement where each thought the other was taking an opposing point of view. It was actually quite funny once I realised they were both trying to say the same thing.

I have been sucked into forum-arguments, some of you may remember back in the early days of EFILive's Scan Tool. As one very astute reader put it: Arguing on a forum is like seeing who can jump out of a plane from the highest altitude without a parachute. In the end you'll both lose.

Now I just browse for questions asking specifically about a subject that I know and answer those as briefly as possible.

No more trying to sway opinions on a message board ever again.

P.S. I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion with this post

Paul

Oh well, some people are just immature I guess.

Anyway (back on topic) like I said, if you need any help with the new forum I'd be glad to help.

I believe that a Tuning Topics Forum with a disclaimer like MRK mentioned would be a good idea along with some general guidelines in the form of a down-loadable Tuning Primmer in the downloads section of the website. I will be glad to participate in both.

Regards,

Steve

Sounds like a very good idea to me; we could all stand to learn more (about our cars).

(Thoughtful and serious expression on my face when I wrote this; is there no emoticon to express this....?)

Great. I would get started now but I was too late to get the first batch of cables. :(

Where did we decide to do this?
    2001 Trans-Am - A4 w/2.73
    Current Mod List
    Best 1/4
    N/A - 12.56@110.51
    N2O - 11.43@123.66 100 shot

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

In the tuning forum on this board - does that work?
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    In the tuning forum on this board - does that work?
    Paul
    Works for me.
    There are many who stop by here and know a bit about tuning.
    I'm hoping we can gain a little more knowledge about how that little board (PCM) does everything. :wink:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast