Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FlashScan question

Default FlashScan question

I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid lame question, but is the V2 tool for everything you need, Scan,Tune, Reflash. Can the scan tool Do everything but reflash? I ask this because i already have a tune in my truck and don't need the complete reflash ability, i just need to tune.

Lifetime Member

Its not a lame question man, if you want to write a tune file (even just a calibration change) you have to have a V2 Scan & Tune. The Scan only version will let you scan, log, clear DTCs, pull tunes (but not flash), and do CASE relearns (IIRC not sure).

You actually have a calibration in your ride, I dont know if you have a dyno tune or what, but if you want to make any changes to the tune file in your PCM/ECM/TCM you need V2 Scan & Tune.

It is slightly confusing because V1s came in Scan only, Personal S&T, and Commercial S&T (plus Workshop) while V2s only come in Scan only and S&T.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Just wondering. As i said, i didn't want to have to get the full version if i didn't need it. I would love to get it dyno tuned. I have another friend in Columbus who has a dynometer, once i get my truck road worthy, i plan on taking a trip to do that and get my exhaust done.

Thanks,

Lifetime Member

Good idea, and buy a WBO2 to dial the street tuning part. Then dial WOT in on the dyno and recheck your fueling.

I understand, times are tough. BTW what car do you have? If its an LS1 you can just buy a FS V1 used and do that...
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; November 1st, 2009 at 10:44 AM.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

IMO
    Scan only is not worth the savings.
    If you don't use any licenses tuning then you can get a good bit of
    the value of the V1/V2 back by reselling,
    scan only is hard to get rid of.

You eventually will want to change the tune later.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

I agree, thats why I mentioned possibly buying a V1 if he doesnt want the V2 or need the extra vehicles it supports.

I thought about a Scan only unit and realized Id rather buy an AutoCal when it comes out because it does logging too and its locked to one VIN.
    ~Erik~

+1 for AutoCal.
    But is it available yet?
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    +1 for AutoCal.
    But is it available yet?
    No, (beta testers only) it will be once BBR and then BBF are finalized. No sense shipping out units to customers that then have to be upgraded and/or hassled with. Once everything is working 100% they will be available Im sure.
    ~Erik~

I thought AutoCal was a logger/flasher. Meaning the company sends you that device and you log. Send it back and they put in a new tune and then send it to you so you can flash your computer. I didn't realize that you could use it as a tuner. I could be misunderstood though. LOL..

Are there any V1's on the market anywhere? I found a few sites that say they have it, but who knows how old the site is. I found a V1 with a LM-1 WB for 649.49.

I have a L31 in a 2001 S-10 ZR2. W/ a EFI Live tune.(Starter). I only need it for my vehicle, and maybe one other, but that is just a forethought.

EDIT: I just re-read the website and i see that the Autocal can't tune. It's just so ppl can get a tune from a "Pro" and put it into their car/truck by themselves. I think i would prefer to tune it myself. If i F it up, then i will go to another person to help out. I am absolutely pissed at my last tune for my truck. I sent it out to Wheatley, and he totally messed up the first tune, I don't think any of my guages worked, no gear selector light, could barely move in gear, almost perfect reverse. I sent it back and he was confused as to why it was like that. After 4 weeks he sends me another computer( wasn't my original), and that tune was still messed up. He tuned it with HP. So i sent it to that friend of mine on the ZR2usa board who has the same set-up as me, and it now seems to run ok. I haven't driven it since i got the tune, but like i said everthing works and it idles way better. Took it around the block and it felt better. No problems that i could tell, but it's not perfect. YET!! I wish i knew someone around here that has one. Hopefully next week i will have a V1,if i can find one either new or used.
    Last edited by ZR2_350; September 25th, 2009 at 03:06 PM.

Can the FlashScan V2 OBDII Cable be used to just look into the computer,without modifying anything? Connect it to the car and laptop( Using efi live software of course) and see what is going on, perhaps log also?
    Last edited by ZR2_350; October 31st, 2009 at 07:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast