• Yes: This would be a great addition.

8 88.89%
  • No: There is no need for this.

1 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flex Fuel for LS1

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Been a few years and with the ethanol sensor's now pretty cheap at around $70 and ethanol stations springing up more and more, figured i'd ask.
    I'd prefer to go this path than convert to the 1mb ecu if I could help it, especially when i'd have 4 cars to do.
    Why not just convert one of your vehicles to the 1mb PCM and see if you like it. The 512kb and 1mb PCM pinouts are just about identical. About the only difference I have seen is the O2 sensor ground/low reference wiring. Some calibrations are set up for the low ref to return to the PCM and some get grounded through the harness. A simple deletion of codes takes care of that.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

is there options for us 4x guys running a 411 to get a flex fuel ecm installed?

Lifetime Member

I don't know about the 4x/1x engines running the 512 kB PCM. Flex Fuel was only in the 24x engines (As far as I know). I wish I had an engine test stand. It would be interesting to see if it could be figured out in HEX how to change a 24x calibration to work in a 4x engine. That would be cool if it were/is possible. That would open up Many,Many options.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

Quote Originally Posted by Lextech View Post
    Why not just convert one of your vehicles to the 1mb PCM and see if you like it. The 512kb and 1mb PCM pinouts are just about identical. About the only difference I have seen is the O2 sensor ground/low reference wiring. Some calibrations are set up for the low ref to return to the PCM and some get grounded through the harness. A simple deletion of codes takes care of that.

Jeff
    Allready ahead of you there. I put one in my car and then found the battery was completely dead. lol. mind you I haven't driven the car in 5 months. Also need to finish off changing pulleys over for the blower.

Quote Originally Posted by wyochimneysweep View Post
    is there options for us 4x guys running a 411 to get a flex fuel ecm installed?
    There is a factory OS/CAL you can use in efilive that has flex fuel support. But... If you want flex fuel and boost 2bar support you need hpt. Unless you swap to the 1mb like I am going to test.

My main reason for doing it is for our drag cars, I already have ethanol sensors on them to keep an eye on the %, but they are boosted motors so I still need 2 bar support.

do you have the os/cal for flex fuel support? not boosted yet but if I do go boosted ill be going 24x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12